• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (USA) - Ashi Ginga #6 cleaver. Swedish stainless HRC61

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bkdc

Reaction score
Ashi - Ginga cleaver #6 size in Swedish stainless steel. Hardened to HRC 61.

I'm selling this cleaver which has NEVER been sharpened on stones and looks spanking new. I've stropped it a few times on 1 micron balsa. It was used in a home kitchen and never used in a professional setting. Comes in the cute Ashi Hamono box with all original packaging.

It is the standard #6 size Ashi Ginga cleaver. The choil is very nicely rounded and smooth. The spine is not rounded. The spine has a nice distal taper to it. Grind appears about 50:50 symmetric. Ebony wood handle. I'll post photos of it when I get home and get you some measurements.

Asking $230 dollars shipped anywhere in the USA.

Great cleaver! I regret getting rid of mine. Good price, somebody should jump on this quickly :)

Weight is 444 grams on my scale.
Spine thickness at handle 2.25mm.
Spine thickness at tip 1.34mm

Sale fell through. This cleaver is available for sale again.

I'd be all over this if I hadn't just lost my job. Beautiful knife. You shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it.

Back