Possible Harner Collab - Part Three

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Canada's Sharpest Lefty
Reaction score
I've had multiple questions about getting a run of "Mini-Gyutos" made by Butch. It would be a smaller order, but I'd be up for it if we can get some real interest. I'm thinking 6.5-7", with a heel height of approximately 45mm. Butch and I were thinking about doing these (or at least tossed the idea around), and today alone, I got three emails asking if it might be possible.

Long story short: it is very possible. What steel (as in stainless or carbon) would you prefer? What length might be best? I use mine all the time and it is 170mm, in carbon. Here's a pic of what we're talking about here. It is the template, as it were. :D

A391FDFB-882A-43FF-B25B-2C83C15598EC-15933-0000172274EF4B42_zps95885ae3.jpg

Please let me know if we're onto something, and thanks to Chuck for making me really get on Butch.

That would be a cool knife. Maybe a semi-stainless tool steel?

Hell with the knife, can we sign up for that sausage?

AEBL for knife

CTS-XHP probably. Looks nice. I kind of doubt I can play this time (still waiting on a funayuki-ish super petty from him), but I'll watch with interest.

Butch and I are in talks. :) Tentatively, how many would be interested?

I'm interested but it's complicated. :scratchhead: Haven't had good communication with Butch the last few weeks...would consider derailing my current, tentative plans, but don't know how to work that out.

OK I guess put me down as tentatively interested. Let us know when you've got more details please.

Put my name down... Butch's XHP or CPM-154, or if there going to be carbon, W2.

Back