• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: My Konosuke HD 240mm gyuto for??

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kyle

Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading my Konosuke HD gyuto with an OTS Stefan handle for something else. This is a great knife but I really grab my Watanabe more often.

I'm still pretty new to all of this and I really just want to try playing around with something else, preferably another gyuto or a suji or Chinese cleaver. I guess if I had a choice I'd say #1 on my list would be a DT ITK gyuto (carbon or AEB-L). Depending on what is offered, I can add cash or will accept cash for the difference.

Sorry if this post is too vague. Like I said, I really just want to try out some new stuff, so if you want a Konosuke HD and have something interesting to trade get in touch. :cool2:

I'd kinda prefer to trade but if someone really wants to buy it, send me a PM and we can talk price.

If you already have a Konosuke gyuto and want another, please keep in mind that the new handle is heavier than a stock HD handle so it shifts the balance of the knife. It's not bad, its just different and if you have a stock white #2 Konosuke and want the HD to pair with it you'll notice a difference. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Here is a shot of it after Dave rehandled it. The blade does have a bit of discoloration (HD isn't totally stainless) but nothing major. If you want a pic of how it looks a month and a half later the best I can do is a cell phone snap.

attachment.php

More pictures here.

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...s-Handle-Gallery&p=10094&viewfull=1#post10094

Looks like I've found a DT ITK.

Thanks for the interest!

Back