Quantcast
For Sale - 2 Martell Sujihikis

Thread: For Sale - 2 Martell Sujihikis

For Sale - 2 Martell Sujihikis

I have, for one reason or another, several knives in various forms of completion that are tying up money (be it from loss of time or materials) just sitting here. I decided to finish some of these knives and offer them for sale, these are the first two, hopefully more will get done later on down the line.

These knives are 1st quality and ready to go - no waiting - thus they have a premium price.

Both knives are 300mm sujihikis with identical profiles and grinds except for the choil and handle choices. One is a hidden tang western and the other is a Stefan Keller wa.

SOLD > Here is the Stefan Keller handled wa suji. The handle is black ash burl with a buffalo horn ferrule. This is a larger sized handle that suits the knife well if you prefer a thicker grip.

SOLD > Here is the western handled suji. The handle is slim but shapely, dyed (gray) redwood that actually looks more green/aqua/turquoise colored with streaks of copper and lots of metallic flake and movement paired with an African Blackwood ferrule. The redwood is of astounding quality.

$650 (plus shipping) each

If interested please send me a PM containing your email address and zip code (or country) and I will follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks for looking!

Dave

Damn Dave! Looks like you did some overtime on these babies!!

Quote Originally Posted by tripleq View Post
    Looks like you did some overtime on these babies!!
    Yes I did!

I have one of these, and would buy a second one in a heartbeat. That's how good it is.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Green is just not my color, but other than that they do look nice and like they could handle some hard work. Nice job, Dave!

Stefan

Here's some more pictures of the western handled suji....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010044.JPG 
Views:	43 
Size:	497.7 KB 
ID:	19833   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010039.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	562.2 KB 
ID:	19832  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1010049.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	686.7 KB 
ID:	19834  

When I was making these I was thinking that the western handle was going to sell first because the wood is so crazy nice but I neglected to consider the power of the Stefan handle. I also don't think that my picture taking abilities could ever possibly capture what this wood is doing....maybe a video but even then I'm not sure. I'm happy just to have had the chance to work with this wood and that's not something I think I've ever thought much less said before about redwood. LOL

Western handle suji looks so nice! I am so surprised it hasn't sold yet