D. Martell For Sale - 2 Martell Sujihikis

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave Martell

Forum Founder
Founding Member
Reaction score
I have, for one reason or another, several knives in various forms of completion that are tying up money (be it from loss of time or materials) just sitting here. I decided to finish some of these knives and offer them for sale, these are the first two, hopefully more will get done later on down the line.

These knives are 1st quality and ready to go - no waiting - thus they have a premium price.

Both knives are 300mm sujihikis with identical profiles and grinds except for the choil and handle choices. One is a hidden tang western and the other is a Stefan Keller wa.

P1010030_zps4a429977.jpg

SOLD > Here is the Stefan Keller handled wa suji. The handle is black ash burl with a buffalo horn ferrule. This is a larger sized handle that suits the knife well if you prefer a thicker grip.

P1010038_zps4c7d6fed.jpg

P1010032_zps7e59e248.jpg

P1010035_zpsa75bed5b.jpg

P1010033_zps1392bbc2.jpg

SOLD > Here is the western handled suji. The handle is slim but shapely, dyed (gray) redwood that actually looks more green/aqua/turquoise colored with streaks of copper and lots of metallic flake and movement paired with an African Blackwood ferrule. The redwood is of astounding quality.

P1010045_zps5bc165c6.jpg

P1010048_zpsf35b571b.jpg

P1010044_zps7829a0e8.jpg

P1010041_zps98ce4e2e.jpg

P1010052_zps15e37d66.jpg

$650 (plus shipping) each

If interested please send me a PM containing your email address and zip code (or country) and I will follow by sending you a Paypal invoice.

Thanks for looking! :)

Dave

Damn Dave! Looks like you did some overtime on these babies!!

Green is just not my color, but other than that they do look nice and like they could handle some hard work. Nice job, Dave!

Stefan

When I was making these I was thinking that the western handle was going to sell first because the wood is so crazy nice but I neglected to consider the power of the Stefan handle. I also don't think that my picture taking abilities could ever possibly capture what this wood is doing....maybe a video but even then I'm not sure. I'm happy just to have had the chance to work with this wood and that's not something I think I've ever thought much less said before about redwood. LOL :)

Western handle suji looks so nice! I am so surprised it hasn't sold yet

Back