• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS - Watanabe Kintaro-ame Yanagiba 300mm

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveb

Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderators
Reaction score
Someone else has the opportunity to own the best looking Yanagiba. I find myself looking at this one but using my more utilitarian Yoshiro. Beautiful damascus blade with Stefan Keller handle. It's not been used since returning from Jon's for exam and sharpening.

$850 PP (+fee if applicable) gets it shipped priority, insured, to your door in US. International, we can talk.

2013-10-29 12.40.56.jpg2013-10-29 12.41.21.jpg2013-10-29 12.41.33.jpg

(Jon pics - better than mine...)

jonpicyani3.jpgJonpicyani1.jpgJonpicyani2.jpg

Bump.

Will consider trade that included a stainless variant wa suji, 270-300mm and cash. Suisin IH, Gengetsu, and Tad INOX come to mind...

Our own Dave Martell has told me in no uncertain terms that Watanabe single bevel knives are fine examples of Japanese craftsmanship. When Shinichi gets a special piece like Kintaro-ame he puts extra care into it as well. Factoring in the handle this knife is a bargain. GLWS.

Bump.

This one is still looking for a home. Gator did reviews on two Watanabe Kintaro Ame knives, describing the steel better than I can. He graciously gave me permission to link to his write-ups.

Watanabe Kintaro Ame Kensaki Yanagiba 330mm at:

and [FONT=&amp]Watanabe Kintaro-Ame Sujihiki 300mm at:[/FONT]

Still looking for $800, still open to partial trade as described above.

Regards,

Dave

If I had a need to justify a yanagi, this would be mine! Glws

Bump. It's been awhile since this was on page 1. This beauty is still available and could be under your tree. Still $750, to include insured U.S. shipping. International, I'll meet half way.

Thanks for looking.

Damn, the fuguhiki I have never gets used I can't see going after this one. Altho, it is a stunner. At that price a very good bargain. Great present for a knife knut.

Would you be interested in trading for a Inox Honyaki Suisin 270? Will gladly send the Suisin to Jon for an "inclusive" sharpening.

Dammit -thought I was sending a PM - please delete.

It is depressing how long this has been here. It is a beautiful knife.

Thanks Mike.

This one is on it's way to new home where it will be used daily and with much more skill. Breaking up is hard to do.

Congrats Dave, that took a long time. I thought maybe she was meant to stay with you.

Back