• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FT: Thin Shig for Thick Shig

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdipisReks

Founding Member
Reaction score
I recently acquired a 240 Shigefusa kasumi gyuto. It's the relatively thin-at-the-spine Shig, and it just does't fit my style as much as the thick-at-the-spine version, which I've owned previously, does (I'm probably too used to Heijis, these days). Probably a long shot, but anybody have a good condition thick Shig who finds it to be too heavy? This knife has been fully refurbished by me, and is quite thin at the edge. About 49mm at the heel and weighs 197g. Here is a pic as it looks right now (it's the not-Heiji). I like owning the knife, but I don't like knives that sit around.

Alternately, if nothing pans out after a day or two, I'd be willing to sell it for $400+shipping, CONUS, which is what I paid. I'd prefer a check, probably.

Which one of the knives in this lineup is the one you're trying to trade/sell?

I recently acquired a 240 Shigefusa kasumi gyuto. It's the relatively thin-at-the-spine Shig, and it just does't fit my style as much as the thick-at-the-spine version, which I've owned previously, does (I'm probably too used to Heijis, these days). Probably a long shot, but anybody have a good condition thick Shig who finds it to be too heavy? This knife has been fully refurbished by me, and is quite thin at the edge. About 49mm at the heel and weighs 197g. Here is a pic as it looks right now (it's the not-Heiji). I like owning the knife, but I don't like knives that sit around.

Alternately, if nothing pans out after a day or two, I'd be willing to sell it for $400+shipping, CONUS, which is what I paid. I'd prefer a check, probably.

The only one with different kanji; the center one...Shig kanji should be easily recognizable.

I guess I should thank dreamwalker. My wife would probably divorce me if I got another knife.

Back