neck knives in damascus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Delbert Ealy

Reaction score
Here are a few neck knives I am working on, they still need an epoxy wash to finish the handle, and sheaths(my leather supplier is running behind)

natneck1.jpg

bneck2.jpg

natneck2.jpg

bneck1.jpg

Yowza! Those are some beeyoutiful blades, Hoss!

I like them del and like how you keep the same style grind

love love love those dammy patterns!

Thanks Guys,
These and more will be available when I get some sheaths done.
There are a few more with other damascus patterns as well.
I adjusted my lighting setup today and it really made a difference in my pics.
Thanks,
Del

I just want to say That I've been communicating a good bit with Del recently about his fine knives and I don't think he could be any easier to communicate with. Definitely a great quality for a custom knifemaker. Thanks Del :thumbsup:

Love the pattern on the last one. Looks almost camo, which is cool for a necker.

some details
6 3/8" overall
blade 2 3/4' long
7/8" at heel
ground out of 1/8" stock
distally tapered with tapered tang
full flat ground

Those look really nice Del! Congratulations! Is it a different steel from your damascus knives? The contrast looks much more pronounced. Perfect for a spoon. :)

These knives have a tiny bit of pure nickel in them, otherwise the steels are the same, and the finish process is just a bit different.
As far as the spoons go, those will be stainless damascus. :viking:
Del

Ooh I can't wait! (In case you couldn't already tell)

Finally got to see your neckers, Del. Man, those are nice little knives! Very non-tactical looking which I find more appealing.

David

Del, I was thinking about your neckers and I realized that these would be perfect for a pencil pushing chef (no harm meant to those who are now pencil pushers...in fact, Congrats). These could open boxes, trim, cut string, fight off those weirdos who climb into the back of the kitchen trying to sell a car stereo, or my favourite, a Bull Terrier puppy (almost bought him on the spot, actually).
Great profile and of course the Damascus is pretty ok too ;)

I will say that i have had one for a month, i have beat the hell out of it. This thing has held up great...everything from opening boxes, cutting boxes to sharpening pencils and whittling on some maple...I have trimmed leather with it, i have opened plastic packages, i have carved on our picnic tables at the tattoo shop....Been through a ton lol. I will say that i usually buy cheap folders and they dull pretty fast in my daily usage...I sharpened this when i first got it, and it is still pretty damn sharp. I have carried knives with me every day for 17 years and this one has held up the best.
Mike

Back