Blue, Black & Green - New Dyed & Stabilized Blocks

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I just got a nice batch of blocks back from being dyed and stabilized by K&G.
The colors in this batch are blue, black and green. A variety of woods including Fiddleback Mango, Silky Oak and Maple as well as a couple others.
I am very happy how these blocks turned out. They are very unusual but in a good way.
Tonight I posted 28 new blocks. More to come tomorrow.
This Link will take you to the Brand New Dyed & Stabilized Blocks.

My group photo turned out poorly so here are a few random individual photos. Every piece is different so if you like this sort of thing it would be worthwhile to visit the store and see what is available.

That first block is awesome; wish I had a use for one right now.

I added a bunch more Dyed & Stabilized blocks to our web store today.
....and I was able to get some better group photos. Bear in mind that the lighting is giving a bit of a glare and the blocks are a bit darker than they look in these group photos.

Dyed & Stabilized Oregon Maple Burl

Dyed & Stabilized Hawaiian Silky Oak

Dyed & Stabilized Redwood, Buckeye, Mango & Curly Maple

Lot's of colors. Are there a few double-dyed ones in there or are they all regular dyed?

Stefan

That first block is awesome; wish I had a use for one right now.
You don't have to actually use them.
Just ask Pesky and a few of the others here.
My wife has a shelf full of pieces that she just takes down and looks at once in a while when she is on the computer.
I have tried to get some of them back from her but it didn't take long for me to figure out that was a mistake.

Lot's of colors. Are there a few double-dyed ones in there or are they all regular dyed?
Stefan

They are all single colors, Blue, Green and Black.
I am slowly learning what to look for in a block to get portions that resist the dye or produce multiple colors.
It is still a case of "you don't know what you will get until you see what you got". (did that make sense? sounded good in my head)

This block had me confused at first. I looked at it and could not remember what it was.
4_zps593ad5b6.jpg

Then I had to move this piece out of my way when looking for something on my desk.
4a_zps0718cdfe.jpg

It is a piece of Redwood Bunion. The brown band resists the dye while the white sapwood and the darker heart wood take on different shades of blue.

Hey Mark where is the Birch I could use several blocks and slabs Stabilized of course .

Sam

Hey Mark where is the Birch I could use several blocks and slabs Stabilized of course .
Sam
The new birch will be going to K&G on Monday so it is about a month away.

There are still a few sets in the store.

Thank you I seen them good to know there is some more on the way I'll look for it in the news letter . ;)

Sam

I just finished adding the remainder of this shipment of dyed & stabilized blocks to the store.

Back