• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

KIRITUSUKE DOUBLE---Konosuke HD 240 Ebony Kiritusuke & Takeda 170 Classic Banno Bunka

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm reducing my knife collection. These are two of the most beautiful knives I own but just don't fit into my cooking needs. Their way to nice to be sitting on my wall.

Konosuke HD Way Kiritusuke Gyuto Blond Buffalo on Ebony :
Because this knife has a very flat blade makes an outstanding veggie perp and meat slicing knife. Gorgeous orange brown rusting in the ferrule. Tips are in perfect shape. Ebony's tight. There are two faint stains on the left side of the knife that I've been unable to remove with Flitz. Has not been sharpened only stropped. Still with perfect Zero bevel grind. Going to kill me not seeing this knife anymore but I just don't grab for it.

Takeda
I do like this knife but have been intimidated to thin/sharpen it properly. I've touched up the edge twice with my Edge Pro and have softened the spine a bit. Both ends are in perfect condition and there's really nice color distinction at the lamination line. From what I've seen on this forum, the Kouruchi finish on this knife is one of the best i've seen. This is from his Classic line.

Konosuke $340 Shipped CONUS
Takeda: $230 shipped CONUS

Paypal, Please send as a gift.

I'll be working in the yard today but will definitely respond later this afternoon.

Thanks dennis

photo 1-2.jpgphoto 2-2.jpgphoto 3-2.jpgphoto 4.jpg

That banno bunka is an amazing petty guys. Super lazer, does a number on shallots. Very handy for tip work.

To make a serious comment now I think the Takeda is a great deal especially considering the questions being raised about the newer grinds. If I was in the market I'd jump on this before ordering a new one.

I'm interested in the Takeda if it's still available. Unfortunately, I'm a new member and can't send a PM yet.

Whats up qqq? That only means its time for me to post my takeda banno bunka :)

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Kinda surprised it lasted as long as it did. I mean, its a sweet knife, was my only takeda but I'm moving my collection in a different direction. Less knifes but of better quality. I've found that its good to have a little pool of cash sitting in PP for when Devin or Randy or Marko call and before I die, I will have a shipment from Mr Rader. Good think I'm still young. HA

Back