• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (In Canada only): Masamoto KS Gyuto + Saya

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dannynyc

Reaction score
I bought this off B/S/T a while back, long before the substandard batch sold on Rakuten. This knife has seen plenty of use, has a nice blue patina (the color didn't really come through in these photos) and some scratches from sharpening. However, I had it thinned at tosho knife arts and it is now a far better cutter than a new KS out of the box.

Asking $290 plus shipping. For now only entertaining offers in Canada. If it doesn't sell here, I'll put it back up before my trip to the US over the holidays.

Thanks for looking.

photo_1_3.jpg

photo_2_2.jpg

photo_1_2.jpg

photo_2.jpg

photo_3_2.jpg

photo_3.jpg

Curious to know why this hasn't sold. Are there no interested Canadian buyers? If so, no problem, I'll sell in the US next month. But if there is someone in Canada who's interested, let me know and we'll see if we can agree on a price.

Sure, I'm at work right now, but I'll post some photos tonight. But shipping to England would cost so much, it wouldn't be worth it for you.

A spine and choil shot is kinda of de rigueur, now. Also, how tall is the knife, heel to spine? That might help people make a decision.

A spine and choil shot is kinda of de rigueur, now. Also, how tall is the knife, heel to spine? That might help people make a decision.

I am more than happy to put up spine and choil shots (or rather, I'll do the best I can with my iphone), but fwiw I just scanned all of the knives posted on the first page of B/S/T and not one of them had such a shot.

Anyway, it's academic, as I'm going to do it.

Any chance you'd like to trade with a 270 konosuke HD with ebony handle? I'm in Toronto. Love the knife but trying to watch what I spend.

Already have a Kono 270. Thanks for the offer though.

Still planning on posting spine and choil shots as soon as I get a moment.

Back