How to Make a Chaotic Pattern Endgreain Cutting Board

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks cool but I would not want all the added glue required to make it. Even a high quality glue like Titebond III would be rougher on the edge of the blade then end grain wood.

Very cool board.
I really like the random chaotic design.

3D figure boards these guys make will make you dizzy in a flash.

Yes, too many glue lines for my taste, but remarkable workmanship. Also, judging from the process (and commentary), these guys know what they are doing. That's quality work no doubts about it, but the boards are constructed from smaller planks and will have a larger number of glue lines.

M

I was thinking that if they kept the glue on one side to make the glue stay inside, and not on the ends would be beneficial. I myself was thinking about how much glue would be used.

Interesting. But far to labor intensive to be cost effective IMHO. Also, he left out some vital details in the video that might have been explained in the audio which I can't translate. But still an interesting process which gives me some ideas for the future.

I think I would cut a finger off because I started to drift off looking at that board. Very cool effect but I'm just more traditional I guess
As a board for daily usage; I wouldn't use it either, as a showpiece (if it was heaps cheaper) I'd consider buying one.

Back