Quantcast
Good Tea Sources? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Tea Sources?

this is the best tea i've ever tried (even better when iced and sweetened with truvia). but i can't justify paying those prices for tea.
    http://www.teavana.com/the-teas/best...-pop-tea-blend

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Interesting to see beets in that tea panda.

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

it tastes phenomenal, bought $25 worth and yielded only 2 gallons which is outrageous, lol. their 'rock sugar' is stupid however, don't even bother with that.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Some of the prices, especially in the first few posts, where a bit crazy. Yeah I know you can get more than one brew out of tea, but I'm not paying $60-$100 for a lb of tea.
    Jason

Prince of Peace
    They sell/distribute other products from Asia. Their tea in "gift boxes" is excellent. I stock up when I get to a Pacific Ocean Marketplace on the front range. Especially the Pearl Jasmine - really, super duper nice. Spendy though - don't just look at the price, also look at the amount per box because it varies with each tea.

http://www.popus.com/store/index.php...26&language=en

Tao of Tea
    Visited Portland OR a few years ago and went to the Chinese Gardens, and had tea in the Lansu Tea House. They sell Tao of Tea, a local Portland company. Very nice teas. Especially look out for the Silver Needles white tea - that stuff gives me a wicked buzz for some reason.

http://www.taooftea.com/
    Shibui - simplicity devoid of unnecessary elements

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Some of the prices, especially in the first few posts, where a bit crazy. Yeah I know you can get more than one brew out of tea, but I'm not paying $60-$100 for a lb of tea.
    Good teas are far more expensive than coffee, and IMO tea is under-rated and under-estimated in our culture which has become dominated by good coffee. I love coffee too!

You really only need to buy 4-6 oz of good tea at a time, and you can get 3-5 good cups from teaspoonful. I steep my tea in a 20 mug (about a tablespoon) and usually get 3 mugfuls out of it. Depending on how long I steep each round, the last cup can be quite mild.

Anyone have a recommendation for a good tea kettle? I go through several kettles from Oxo, Le Creuset, other randoms, and now on an All-Clad. They are all ok, but all kinda lame in their own ways.

I've been thinking of getting a traditional Japanese iron kettle like this, but don't know anything about them. Plus, the GF wants a whistle...

Quote Originally Posted by mpukas View Post
    Anyone have a recommendation for a good tea kettle? I go through several kettles from Oxo, Le Creuset, other randoms, and now on an All-Clad. They are all ok, but all kinda lame in their own ways.

I've been thinking of getting a traditional Japanese iron kettle like this, but don't know anything about them. Plus, the GF wants a whistle...
    I have been using zojirushi hot pot. It always keep water at 195 and I can brew as I need to. In my experience, most electrics die within 2-3 years. My stepfather went through at least 4-5 different brands in the last 10 years.

Spokane, WA aka Spokanistan, or Spoklahoma, or...
    Ive been spending $30-$40lb for teas which I like. I use a 2" mesh ball on a chain to steep my teas in a tall quart mason jar. I will resteep 2-3 times depending on my mood. 2lbs per year on a slow year sounds about right for me... Using an OXO kettle right now but definetly want something cooler...a Russian Samovar or a cool JKettle would be nice eventually.
    Amat Victoria Curam Fortune favors the prepared.
    "A human being is primarily a bag for putting food into." -George Orwell

I dunno I've got quite a few from http://www.davidstea.com which are pretty good but I think I'm going to try a few from the ones listed and see how they compare.

+ Reply to Thread