Wildfire Cutlery

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilesenpai

Reaction score
Hi,

I am wanting a nice turning/bird beak knife and saw that www.wildfirecutlery.com has on in the paring knife section. Does anyone has any experience with his products or have other brands to recommend?

Note: I do not like knives that have the handle up to the heel.

Thanks.

My boss buys everyone weird carbon knives for Xmas, and a few years ago he got these. They suck. A lot. I think the secret source is that they are repurposed scraps of saw blades a la forgecraft, only improperly treated so they, as mentioned, suck.

Don't waste your money. I own one... I ended up using it to cut bamboo and other small things for a bonfire I was having. It didn't chip! But boy is that about the only task I enjoyed using it for. It has a nice looking handle.

I think there are tons of other knives you can buy instead of a WC! What are you looking for? Maybe we can help!

-Chuck

The worst knife I ever bought and the maker has threatened me on more then one occasion for posting so, total not Job.

Well op, pretty much THE strongest sentiments against a knife ever. "Worst knife i ever bought" sealed it for me!

Don't waste your money. I own one... I ended up using it to cut bamboo and other small things for a bonfire I was having. It didn't chip! But boy is that about the only task I enjoyed using it for. It has a nice looking handle.

I think there are tons of other knives you can buy instead of a WC! What are you looking for? Maybe we can help!

-Chuck

I am looking at something with this profile. http://www.culinary-outpost.com/product/tojiro-dp-birds-beak-paring-knife

Thanks for all your replies. Glad to be apart of KKF.

Had a person come by our booth at the DC Metro show this past weekend that owned one of them. Made him very skeptical about getting any custom/ handmade knives. I hope I was able to convince him Pierre, Marko, Randy, Del and Butch actually do make knives that work very, very well...

Back