Quantcast
Kitchen Gear - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kitchen Gear

Sansair immersion circulator will be released on 18th November and looks quite promising while keeping your budget low:
    http://sansaire.com/

Looking at VacMaster sealers. Seems like mid prices models would work well for me. Any cons on these?

Is there a good sous-vide on the budged of $400?

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I also use the Polyscience 7306 AC sous vide. It's a durable unit for the price.
    You will need a vita mix blender as well.
    Good luck!

What about the SousVide water oven? SLT carries them. Anyone know how well they work?

Yeah, I saw a Vita Mix in action, tried intentionally not to think about it.Thanks for bring in it up.

An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made, in a narrow field.
    -Niels Bohr

What model VitaMix is good for an aspiring home cook now that it's up in the open?

I guess I will have to work a bit harder to finance these things. Having seen them in action, and tasted food they were used to make, makes all the difference. In this I am like most of you guys, except I now crave gadgets, not knives.

-Niels Bohr

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    What model VitaMix is good for an aspiring home cook?
    Personally I use the 5200 at home and work. It's a beast! I also reccomend getting an immersion blender.

Quote Originally Posted by 77kath View Post
    What about the SousVide water oven? SLT carries them. Anyone know how well they work?
    I own both the SousVide supreme and a ployscience... The SousVide oven holds temp of +/- .5 degree (pretty good), the down side is that even the larger unit (which I own) does not hold much. It should also be noted that the water does not circulate. I prefer the ployscience, but I do use the SVS more due to convenience.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko Tsourkan View Post
    What model VitaMix is good for an aspiring home cook now that it's up in the open?
    The 5200 is probably the most popular, but is the older/taller design. It might not fit under your cabinets, so if counter space matters you might be better off with the newer models (pro 300). I own a pro 750, but I only have this one because the other half needs the presets.

Also note that the CIA model is the same as the 5200, it has a brushed metal base and a $50 higher price tag.

Yea my 5200 is about 5 years old at this point. She's still shredding hard though. I would be lost without it for sure.

What about Polyscience Sous Vide Professional™ CREATIVE SERIES? Those are priced within $400.

-Niels Bohr

+ Reply to Thread