Quantcast
Chef jackets
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chef jackets

Chef jackets

I'm looking for some new chef jackets. I want to get about 7 of them matching, but I'm not sure what to get. What do you guys wear, or what can you endorse/recommend against getting?

I wear these Le Chef jackets. They're pricey but they're very good quality and I only buy Le Chef jackets, my last ones lasted about 2 years which is much longer than any other brand I've tried. I only have 2 sets of clothes and wash them all the time. A while ago I looked at Clement Design/ from France, their jackets look amazing but they told me to go through their UK reseller and to be honest he sounded like a total chancer and I decided against it

Kng.com

Those le chef ones look pretty good. I've been looking at the chef works ones along with Bragard and Oliver Harvey ones. Does anyone who uses Egyptian cotton ones know how they compare to poly cotton blends?

I've used Chef Wear & Chef Revival jackets for everyday use and they've lasted me for years, even with commercial laundering.
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

maybe its just my build, but all the chef wear jackets ive owned have fit real tight in the shoulder area. but usually i only buy the cheapo 3star line. maybe the 4star and 5star lines have more comfortable cuts.

I wear the cheap single breasted, shorted sleeved "dish washer" jackets from chef wear. They are way cheaper and more comfortable then the double breasted chefs jackets. What ever you get I would suggest getting a high cotton content.

I think with a lot of jackets, the more expensive ones are fancier material with better stitching and all that but it makes them kinda heavy and I hate that

I get the Egyptian cotton from both Chef Works and Bragard. Bragard uses extra long stand Egyptian cotton which is finer than CW's. Now it seems that CW has changed some of their Egyptian cotton to "Premium" cotton which I'm a little unclear on.
    Chef Works changed their sizing a couple years back and they fit a lot better. Bragard is more tailored fitting and a little more finer in details, but chef works is catching up (EHCR).
    I prefer the Egyptian cotton because it feels and breaths so much better than regular cotton or poly. Poly is much more stain resistant than the others though, but requires more time to "break in" to get it feeling more comfortable.
    I justify spending the extra $$ for the nicer jackets knowing I'm still spending far less then if I were buying suits for work. And again, spend these kind of hours in hot kitchens it's well worth the extra comfort. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckTheButcher View Post
    I wear the cheap single breasted, shorted sleeved "dish washer" jackets from chef wear. They are way cheaper and more comfortable then the double breasted chefs jackets. What ever you get I would suggest getting a high cotton content.
    i have the same button up cook shirts but from chefworks. i love them. theyre super roomy, they have a nice "clean" look plus theyre very inexpensive. they feel more breatheable than traditional chef coats.my local restaurant supply store carries a regular version for only $8.50 and the same but with a ventilated back for $11.00. great deals.

+ Reply to Thread