Quantcast
Chef jackets - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chef jackets

I'll second Chefworks, they fit me much better than Chefwear (though I like Chefwear pants better...), reasonably priced. I use the 100% cotton (poly is unnecessary torture), cloth buttons, and a button on the inside to keep the flap up. I've worn this particular jacket for about 15 years (they were being shipped from Australia then!)

http://www.chefworks.com/?page=shop/...k46c5ept214la6

I received a free 'Premium cotton' coat a while back (due to a slight shipping delay)...save it as a DR coat...it's really nice!

Great customer service from Chefworks also

-Michael

Is it worth getting a 100% cotton jacket over a lighter one with Coolmax panels? I am also curious about 100% cotton jackets now

Short sleeve Chef Works with the mesh back. They're about $18.90 at restaurant depot. They're light, don't wrinkle, and they breathe well on the line.
    Cassoulet, like life itself, isn't as easy as it seems...

The best jacket I've ever owned was an Egyptian cotton jacket from Bragard, perfect cut and fit, breathes well, looks darty. It was probably expensive though, I can't remember the details (I may have repressed the memory).

Chef works is the best I've bought for jackets- high quality and last a while.

I use to buy chef wear but the quality control drives me nuts, I only wear medium, I have 10 pairs of ultimate pants that all fit differently... I prefer the cargo ones and found they are consistent. Jacket qc is just as bad had the same 80$ coat returned 3 times before giving up.

I have signature jackets from chef works vas there amazing. Run a tad big so I order a small and fit perfectly.

I have used happy chef and some are great some are not - hit or miss.

Will try some mentioned here as I'm looking for some need clothes as well, curry just ruins them all..

You guys ever worked in a kitchen where you can go jacket off? Love those kitchens

+1 to chef wear pants. i just purchased two pairs of their traditional pants. they fit entirely different. but, i feel i have more room in the crotch and thigh areas so i can comfortably bend down with my knees the whole shift.

trying to find a balance. want light weight material with a vented back (cheap stuff) but with a tailored cut fit that only the premium ones have. i don't like the heavy material that premium jackets use but they fit so much better. why cant i have comfortable material AND a nice fit?

why doesnt Under Armour just make chef coats?

I'd much prefer a simple lightweight cook shirt, but I have to wear a "proper" coat. What I've found which best fits the bill is the vented back short sleeve double breasted coats from Uncommon Threads. The ones I wear have cloth covered buttons. The fabric is much lighter weight and they breathe a lot better than some of the heavier coats I've worn in the past, so I'm a lot more comfortable and happier. I've had mine for at least two to three years and they're hanging in there which isn't bad considering their fairly modest price. I haven't priced them recently, but they cost around $25 each. I generally presoak them in a highly concentrated oxy-bleach solution overnight or longer before laundering. I rinse starch into them in the rinse cycle and then iron. So far, I've been pretty satisfied with them.

http://www.uncommonthreadsstore.com/...htm?UMParent=0

+ Reply to Thread