Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chef jackets

yep. i got 2 uncommon thread short sleeve chef coats w vented backs. theyre nice all around. mine were only $21.99 locally. one of my favorite features of that line is that there is plenty of neck room, so you can button your coat all the way up and still have a good amount of room around the neck area.

I didn't even think of that. You're right about the neck room. Very comfortable. I tried a couple of the tunic style vented back coats as well. Very roomy and comfortable to move in, but the fabric is quite heavy compared to the very light fabric they use in the vented back double breast coats so they're a lot warmer and not as comfortable from that standpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    why doesnt Under Armour just make chef coats?
    A guy who used to work for me, his fiancee worked at Under Armour. She used to drop this in the idea box all the time. He even mentioned it to the big wigs at their holiday party I believe.

I use Prochef single breasted high cotton black snap clip jackets... got so sick of losing buttons and wearing heavy starched out ugly jackets... and in terms of neck room i just leave the last clip undone.

I want to bump this thread.... Can anybody suggest a good breathable coat for under $40? Its insanely hot here in our Louisiana kitchens this time of the year and we also seem to have nonstop AC issues. Right now half of my coats are just too thick which has left me with a small rotation of cook shirts. In the past Ive used Chef Wear 3 star and 4 star coats, regular Uncommon Threads, 5 star fundamentals and Chef Works coats and theyre all too thick for my tastes.

Quote Originally Posted by labor of love View Post
    I want to bump this thread.... Can anybody suggest a good breathable coat for under $40? Its insanely hot here in our Louisiana kitchens this time of the year and we also seem to have nonstop AC issues. Right now half of my coats are just too thick which has left me with a small rotation of cook shirts. In the past Ive used Chef Wear 3 star and 4 star coats, regular Uncommon Threads, 5 star fundamentals and Chef Works coats and theyre all too thick for my tastes.
    try happy chef's cook cool coats, they work good for me, with a under armour shirt underneath

Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    try happy chef's cook cool coats, they work good for me, with a under armour shirt underneath
    thanks. I checked them out. So some cook cool coats are poly/cotton while others are 100% cotton, but all of the coats are described as having "fabric insets to wick away moisture". What is a fabric inset? They do look lightweight, the material appears to be thin and breathable which is all i really need so Ill probably get a couple of the more traditional looking short sleeves coats.

I don't know what that means, I just know they are good because they are a lot thinner than your traditional coat

great. thanks again for the recommendation.

Anyone else use Culinaryclassics? Made in the US, can be completely custom. Have been really happy with the fit of the pants, and most jackets from them. One jacket was a little big though.