• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

F/S carter 150mm funayuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CanadianMan

Reaction score
For sale 150mm Murray carter funayuki with Stefan Keller handle and Dave Martell etch. Great knife cuts really well, just doesn't see much use from me sharpened a couple times. Would rather let it go and see it get used

Original bought from sharpandshinyshop
http://sharpandshinyshop.com/collections/found-a-home/products/Murray-carter-5-0-sun-funayuki

Looking for $300+PayPal fees or send as gift, I will cover shipping in Canada, half to the states and international pays
ImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1383603357.888507.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1383603376.299217.jpgImageUploadedByKitchen Knife Forum1383603395.846795.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

I am open to all trade offers, up or down. I would like to see a Hiro gyuto, or something by Masamoto.

Let's see if a price drop can bring some interest

price drop- $280

This would make a perfect stay at home knife for somebodys wife, and Im pretty sure she will let you use it as well ;) :) holidays and gift giving is right around the corner, dont forget to get a gift "for your wife".

Never seen B AFAIK

'S' indicates Aogami Super steel
'H' indicates House steel

Murray made the knife in the summer of 2010 (I was the original owner). I don't know the exact type of stainless it is, but I would not expect that he has changed it.

It's always cool to find out who had it before you, Great handle choice (if you chose it) it felt like it was going to be bulking for the little blade, but it works perfectly

It's always cool to find out who had it before you, Great handle choice (if you chose it) it felt like it was going to be bulking for the little blade, but it works perfectly

I had one of these little Carters a while ago and really liked it, regret selling it a bit. Still have a small muteki honesuki in the same size but it's not the same feel. Oh, and I have about 30 handles like that half-finished and in different sizes somewhere in my shop...

Stefan

Stefan, if you ever need to unload some of those handles give me a shout.

Bump!

Stefan, if you ever need to unload some of those handles give me a shout.

Bump!

+1 :) I wouldnt mind some half finished handles to practice on.

Hope someone buys this soon cuz I have a paycheck on the way and about to unload a couple knives. :spiteful::D

I was hoping this would be sold too because it is calling my name. I did not think this would still be available. Maybe a better picture of the handle would help, the finish looks a little flat in the photo. Usually Stefan's handles really pop and have interesting grain patterns.
Of course if you do lower your price again I would like to be first in line!:D

If it helps, the handle is curly maple and 'landscape' ziricote with a nice but subtle pattern, both stabilized.

Stefan

I was hoping this would be sold too because it is calling my name. I did not think this would still be available. Maybe a better picture of the handle would help, the finish looks a little flat in the photo. Usually Stefan's handles really pop and have interesting grain patterns.
Of course if you do lower your price again I would like to be first in line!:D

Here's a link to Dave's photos when he installed the handle:
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...n-s-Handle-Gallery?p=2599&viewfull=1#post2599

I have some archived pics I can post if the seller is agreeable.

Rick

handle looks exactly like the one on my martell suji and I love that one. Good luck with sale, great little knife

Sold thanks KKF and everyone's help on the sale ( especially rick)

Back