• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: block of unusual koa

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
i am currently searching a very special piece of stabilized koa for a custom gyuto, something like on that Pierre Rodrigue gyuto:
attachment.php

attachment.php

does anyone have a piece of stabilized koa like this? the figure/pattern is very irregular (angled figure, not parallel), it has different colour shades, etc. I think looking at the pics is better than me writing...

how would such a block look like? could it have been one of these?
1-3.jpg

please PM me if you have smth. like this!

Something like the second one down, on the left side could be it. Pierre gets his wood from Mark, so why not go right to the source? Of course, Myron also has great stuff.

Something like the second one down, on the left side could be it. Pierre gets his wood from Mark, so why not go right to the source? Of course, Myron also has great stuff.
I had asked Mark and Myron, of course... Unfortunately they have nothing like that at the moment...

So, if any of you has some unusual piece of stabilized koa (unusual in figure, colour, contrast, etc), please shoot me a PM. Thanks!

I'll find out tonight, but I sold my best Western sized pieces through Myron, not sure what I have left that is big enough.

Stefan

Back