Quantcast
Cyber Monday - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Cyber Monday

Picked up my first serious nakiri - a 165mm Fujiwara Denka No Hoto. It was one of five different nakiris I was already considering and when it popped up at almost half price I had to pull the trigger. I am so looking forward to trying it out.

@!@#!@#!!!!!! In theory the PO tried to deliver my knife today. I was home all day, and working at my computer when they claimed to make the delivery, and heard a rustle on the front porch. No knock, no ringing of the doorbell. Could have been the wind blowing the Christmas wreath against the door. Sat for a few seconds wondering about the noise, then walked the 16 steps to the front door (I counted), looked out, and didn't see anything. No notice on the door, no package on the stoop, figured it was the wind. Checked the status later and saw "attempted delivery, notice left on door." NO freaking notice on the door. In a panic that either (a) they left the notice at the wrong house (where knowing my neighbors, they would accept delivery and keep it) or (b) the notice blew away or someone snagged it off the front door, I tried calling the PO (800) number. 3 times. And got "this call cannot be completed". 3 times. As a last resort walked out to the community mailbox 1/2 block away and found the notice inside. GRRRRRRRrrrRRRRRRR!!!!!! No wonder they're going under!

So now I get to go out to the post office tomorrow in freezing temperatures to pick up the knife. I don't think I'll trust them to redeliver. Cranky cranky Lucretia.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

hehe the lady just walks up to my door and puts the slip in my mailbox nowadays. She doesn't even attempt to deliver anything, I think next time I will greet her at the door and ask for the package, talk about first world problems eh! But back to EE's awesome cyber monday I may have splurged on some Laguiole steak knives, I've wanted a set of these for some time.

You know it's going to be one of those umbrella thjings. If you go to the PO, it will be on the truck. If you wait for the truck, it will be at the PO... I better turn off rant before it starts.
    Dave
    Older and wider.

I just got up this morning and my package from EE was on the steps, HUH! I am in Canada, I placed my order monday after midnight est, so just at the end of the sale, and have my package on Wednesday morning, wow, fastest package shipped from the states through customs ever. Thanks to the folks at EE for the awesome deal, enjoying my Fontenille Pataud Laguiole steak knives, they are beautiful.

Holy carp. If this knife cuts anything close to what it looks like and how it feels in the hand, I may have a new favorite maker. This might just be the most beautiful knife I've ever seen. Now I'll have to try it out on some poor defenseless produce.

And Dave, you were right. While I was at the PO picking it up I missed delivery of another package requiring a signature. Joys of the season. Bah humbug.
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

My knives just arrived as well, and upon first look I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The Hinoura is more beautiful in person than the EE photos - in fact all the knives exceed my expectations (and they were high expectations). The little 3" Tojinbo petty fits in my hand perfectly for close paring/peeling - just like I was hoping it would. Even the Fujiwara is way better looking and feeling than I remember from past experiences. Looking forward to sharpening them and seeing how they really cut. Thanks again to EE for a great sale and fast shipping, and on Monday no less, when they are usually closed!

Though the forum discount doesn't apply to sale items, go ahead and include your forum name in the comments area so that we'll know your one of the gang coming from here.

Being pretty new to the KKF I did not know about the EE discount. Would anyone care to elaborate on the discount and let me know if there are other benefits of being a member of this forum besides the great knife camaraderie and info? Thanks and please.

The first part of the last post is an earlier quote from Daniel of EE but I screwed up the attribution part somehow trying to edit it to the relevant sentence. In case my follow up question did not make sense.

I would love to see some pics when you get a chance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Holy carp. If this knife cuts anything close to what it looks like and how it feels in the hand, I may have a new favorite maker. This might just be the most beautiful knife I've ever seen. Now I'll have to try it out on some poor defenseless produce.

And Dave, you were right. While I was at the PO picking it up I missed delivery of another package requiring a signature. Joys of the season. Bah humbug.

+ Reply to Thread