Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Cyber Monday

Photo from EE:

Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

So that's the one you got. WOW - that is a sweet knife! he really seems to have come up with a knife that is a synthesis of all his influences and collaborators but that still feels unique. It is not easy to work with a master for years and then manage to find your own voice. Congrats. I hope you will post more of your impressions as you get to know this knife. I think one of these will be my next knife purchase.

I am so jealous, that is beautiful

@Lucretia - I can't wait to hear your thoughts on the Mareko Maumasi. I am really excited that he is finding a voice in creating new knives ... He really has done a fantastic job both bringing in the lessons he has learned, but also creating something that uniquely speaks for him! The handle is amazing! And I love that angled integral bolster for a pinch grip. It turns it he makes a pretty good cutter too!
    -daniel

Quote Originally Posted by kannamaster View Post
    My knives just arrived as well, and upon first look I am very pleased with the fit and finish. The Hinoura is more beautiful in person than the EE photos - in fact all the knives exceed my expectations (and they were high expectations). The little 3" Tojinbo petty fits in my hand perfectly for close paring/peeling - just like I was hoping it would. Even the Fujiwara is way better looking and feeling than I remember from past experiences. Looking forward to sharpening them and seeing how they really cut. Thanks again to EE for a great sale and fast shipping, and on Monday no less, when they are usually closed!
    The Hinouras were a real highlight of the sale for me. He is much better known in Europe than in the US. We priced them at a loss for the sale hoping them to get into some good hands. I'm pleased some of the folks at the forum got them. I'm really eager to hear what folks think. If you've got a chance to write a review of them on the site, that would help a lot for people to get to know his work.

-daniel

Daniel,

Check under "Reviews". I LIKE this knife!

I actually had a Hinoura parer in my cart and took it out again...felt a little guilty after the Maumasi purchase. Besides, Hubby seems to be giving my knives the evil eye then going off to do some guitar & amp shopping...
    Now is not the time to bother me. And it's always now. Wiley Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Lucretia View Post
    Daniel,

Check under "Reviews". I LIKE this knife!
    Lucretia I really enjoy mine too. I'll have to go take a look at your review to see your thoughts on it

Picture courtesy of EE:

I picked up this knife from you Daniel a couple of months ago and it's easily my new favourite.

I managed to snag a Hinoura during the sale, it's on its way to me right now! If I get a chance I'll try to submit a quick review on EE.

- Steve

I will definitely put in a review of my Hinoura petty after I have had a chance to get to know it (and after I have 50 post and can add photos).