• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

so it begins, Mike Davis and Tonu Arrak

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sachem allison

Reaction score
Well, as some of you guys know, I gotta get out of this place. These days I've pretty much sold must of my stuff to cover various medical bills so, on and so forth. blah, blah, blah! I need to get home and the only things I have left of value is my knife kit. I gotta get home so, I contacted most of the guys who made me stuff and let them know what's up. I wanted the guys to know that I'm selling my stuff because, I need too, not because of any dislike or deficiencies. Most all of my knives are pretty much in impeccable condition. I have knives I use for 20 + years that look more or less brand new.
The first one up is a Rare one of a kind:

Mike Davis 210mm Gyuto in 1095
cocobolo ferrule and koa and musk ox handle
copper tube rivets.
This is a hefty knife not a laser. I do not have thickness measurements. over 3mm at the heel if I remember.
Love Mike's work This is a tough little knife.
$575.00 conus shipping included

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Mike Davis O1 Suji
9 inches or so blade length
cocobolo burl ferrule and Myrtlewood burl handle
Beautiful slicer.
$500 conus shipping

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

This one I had custom made by a knifemaker named Tonu Arrak from Estonia. I don't remember if it was 195mm or 200mm.
It is and unusual and beautiful piece of art.
Niolox chef knife
teak handle, g10 ferrule and brass habaki
Hollow ground single bevel no ura.
This is the thinnest behind the edge knife I have ever used. The Niolox is a lot tougher than I thought considering the knife sounds like glass when you use it. It has excellent food release and edge retention. It is a gorgeous one of a kind piece.
$350 conus

tuuts3.jpg

tuuts2.jpg

tuuts.jpg

tuuts9.jpg

tuuts8.jpg

tuuts6.jpg

tuuts5.jpg

tuuts2.jpg

tuuts4.jpg

tuuts1.jpg

Beautiful knives, Son. If I didn't just get one, I'd be buying a Davis from you. To anyone who is on the fence, I say do it! I'm in love with mine, already.

Don Nguyen 210mm line knife
1084 blade
blue dyed maple, ironwood and blue g10 spacers
I love this knife! Love It! Dammit!
$325 conus

donnguyen5.jpg

donnguyen4.jpg

donnguyen3.jpg

donnguyen2.jpg

donnguyen1.jpg

donnguyen.jpg

There will be more including a rather famous set here on the forum.

custom made Jaw Leather distressed leather knife bag. This was made for me to hold a few extra long blades. This bag can accommodate up to 14 in blades. It is beautifully done. It was made specifically for wa handles and smaller handled knives. You are not going to get fibrox handles in it. The leather is distressed to give it a used broken in feel. extra wide leather strap. This is the only of its kind. Made of exceptional Horween Chromexcel leather . This ain't cheap but, it well last many lifetimes.
$300.00

DSCF0086.jpg

DSCF0087.jpg

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0092.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

DSCF0094.jpg

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0105.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0084.jpg

When I saw this Don Nguyen at ECG this year I absolutely fell for it. This knife just felt so surprisingly right in the hand. I told myself that I will be keeping an eye on it Just in case it ever popped up on BST. And here I am, wanting it, but note torn by your hint of more to come! You got me real curious.... but I really want that Don!

Amazing collection you got here, sorry to see you have to let them go but I hope you can make it home!

If your selling what I think your selling, you should under condition that they go as a set, they should stay on KKF together hehe. Best of luck getting home, I'm sure your father will welcome the company.

Not the HHH's.
It's an end of an era.

That Davis gyuto looks awesome. What a beautiful handle.

Any neat 10 or so inch French carbon, these days? I don't have a lot of money left after my last binge, but I miss old French carbon, and I think I'm finally ready to truly appreciate it...

Glad that bag sold. It was way beyond my imaginary limit for a knife bag but I couldnt stop looking at it.

Sorry to see some of these beauty's here, but for a cause like this I hope it goes well.

I have bought a few things from Son in the past, and I have been very happy with everything I have received. Just wondering have you found a place that will let you boss people around?

The Tonu Arrak is an awesome cutter guys don't let its looks fool you. Its a santoku with a point, I do believe it's 2" wide at the heel. Very sharp.

The Mike Davis Gyuto is beautiful and a heavy prep machine for those with limited space. This was his first western gyuto and I don't think there is any other out there.

Glad that bag sold. It was way beyond my imaginary limit for a knife bag but I couldnt stop looking at it.
All the sous at my job just lost our drawers in the big red Craftsman toolbox. (Our new CDC is from the French Laundry, and is also a giant red TOOL BOX) So, I have to tote my s*&t back and forth from home and work, and this was going to be my salvation if it was still available after service. Thank goodness it isn't. I wouldn't be able to replace all of the knives from the moving company's mishap. :biggrin:

Back