• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Misono Swedish Carbon 240mm Suji & Honesuki

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Messy Jesse

Reaction score
Both have been used but not abused in a pro kitchen and there's a solid patina on both. Great knives but I've just outgrown them. The honesuki comes with a saya.

Hoping to sell these within Australia, if that doesn't happen I'll ship overseas.

Suji - $100 shipped in AU

Honesuki - $80 shipped in AU

I dont know, but chef at work has same honesuki and it feels badass in the hand. quite hefty, takes good edge, etc.

I just replied to your PM Craig, then saw this.

It's about 80/20 as was implied from the factory bevels, but it's not hollow on the back so it would be possible to change the bevels, it would just require quite a bit of work...

The Misono is definitely one that would be better for a lefty if you get a lefty version. I've had occasion to compare the lefty and righty next to each other. To convert it to a lefty bias would take a lot of work and it would still have the basic righty geometry. I did a conversion on a Tojiro for a buddy a couple years back. By the time I was done, it was still fairly righty oriented, but I had ground the left side until the geometry was more of a V grind before I put a lefty bevel on the cutting edge. We had to remove a fair bit of blade in the process. He was happy with it, but I always felt he would have been better served with a proper lefty oriented blade. He did end up eventually getting one, but not until he used the Tojiro for some time.

Back