Quantcast
What is the best range/ oven for home use? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What is the best range/ oven for home use?

36" Bluestar range here, the cooktop absolutely rocks compared to anything out there as others have stated. If I had to do over I'd go with the cooktop and separate dual wall-mount ovens, the 36" single oven takes forever to preheat.

Wildboar and Cnochef do you have the issues with the oven bottom "bang" when preheating, I've replaced the bottom tray w/ the new design heatshield but still get the "pop".

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    When the time comes for me to upgrade @ home, I'm going for this:

http://www.dcsappliances.com/product/indoor/ranges/

I also like AGA cookers, but I dont want to be bothered with the learning curve.

If you're really insane and have big gas lines, Vulcan-Hart or Jade. And lots of insurance.
    Thanks that helped. I like the look of this one
    http://www.aga-ranges.com/_store/Scr...p?idproduct=79

I have a viking and have had no problems with it. But, two of my friends have a recurring ignitor failure & other issues. If I had to do it again, I’d look for something else.

Hi There,

If he is looking at electric then I highly recommend induction. I purchased a new Kenmore induction ranger with a convection oven a couple of months ago and I love it!!!!

I have a Garland up north, but after using the induction for the past couple of months I now prefer the induction. It is faster than gas and responds as quick as if not quicker than gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratton View Post
    Hi There,

If he is looking at electric then I highly recommend induction. I purchased a new Kenmore induction ranger with a convection oven a couple of months ago and I love it!!!!

I have a Garland up north, but after using the induction for the past couple of months I now prefer the induction. It is faster than gas and responds as quick as if not quicker than gas.
    I agree about induction, but keep in mind that you have to have magnetic cooking vessels (pots and pans) unless you want to use a steel disc. That sort of negates all of the advantages of induction.

No he wants gas, does not want to run a 220 line.
    Jon that line looks great, can you get them in the us?

Sponsors
    Quote Originally Posted by Chef Niloc View Post
    No he wants gas, does not want to run a 220 line.
    Jon that line looks great, can you get them in the us?
    Yeah...i know a couple restaurants who use their professional series here...i worked on one when I was in italy

I also have a Kenmore induction and love it. It is capable of better heat control than either gas or electric as well as going to higher heats. Now with them you can forget about copper cook ware, aluminum etc as if you can't get a magnet to stick it simply won't work. Some stainless also won't work though most of the newer stuff is induction ready. I've had mine now going on 2 years.
    --
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Audi's or knives View Post
    36" Bluestar range here, the cooktop absolutely rocks compared to anything out there as others have stated. If I had to do over I'd go with the cooktop and separate dual wall-mount ovens, the 36" single oven takes forever to preheat.

Wildboar and Cnochef do you have the issues with the oven bottom "bang" when preheating, I've replaced the bottom tray w/ the new design heatshield but still get the "pop".
    I do not have a problem with a pop/ bang. To combat the long preheating time, we're adding an electric wall oven as part of our renovation work. The gas oven will see duty for roasts, etc., and the electric will be mainly for my wife's baking.

+ Reply to Thread