Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: all-clad vs demeyer

all-clad vs demeyer

My dad is planning to have an induction cooktop put in and he wants to spend some big bucks on new cookware. He can't make up his mind between the Demeter Atlantis line, all-clad D5, or all-clad copper core. I'm trying to convince him to get the all-clad copper core, but I'd like to know what you guys think.

Senior Member AFKitchenknivesguy's Avatar
    Being from PA, I am partial to All-clad.
    Jason

I have a Demeyere ProControl 11" skillet that I love. It is heavy. The best feature is it has NO RIVETS to collect food and grime. I have not used it on an induction top.

I also have a Demeyere Apollo 3.2 qt sauce pot which I use weekly if not more often. I primarily use it on the electric top but have used it fine on an induction top. It is also heavy and heats evenly. Again, NO RIVETS!

If he's doing only induction, the copper layers add little to performance. If he uses electric or gas too, then it would be worth considering.

I like All-Clad, but I'm a Demeyere convert now. I just haven't been able to afford any new pieces for a while now.

-AJ

Quote Originally Posted by AFKitchenknivesguy View Post
    Being from PA, I am partial to All-clad.
    Being from the USA, I am partial to All-clad. As far as the food collecting around the rivets, it's a non-issue. I use a long handled scrub brush. I wouldn't buy the copper core cookware because it has a layer of copper in them, but I do like the design of the cc better. I think the D5 is a further improvement and would be what I'd buy if money is no object.

I've got an induction range and use All-Clad. I'm very pleased with the combination.

Rick

JB prince has great SS pan from Mauviel for cheap *(well kinda sorta)* and if youre looking for an induction burner as a singer unit, they also sell those. Me personally, Cant live without a gas range, so its nice to have a portable unit to bust out when I need ambient heat for deep fat frying or sauce reduction

I have a 7" All-Clad also and of course have picked up All-Clad many times in the store. I think all of the All-Clad lines are very very good. But Demeyere is better, in my opinion. My feeling is they are much better made, much better finish. That is reflected in their heavy weight. Downside is Demeyere is considerably more expensive and harder to find.

He can't go wrong either way, but if money is no option... Demeyere.

-AJ

I have had the normal 3ply all clad for years, it performs admirably. I can't see myself getting anything else for a long time. Getting anything more expensive would far exceed my cooking skills.

i only own one All-Clad, a 9 inch French skillet, and i love it. i use almost all cast iron, otherwise. my mother owns a bunch of All-Clad, most of which i've used multiple times, and they are great pans.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by ajhuff View Post

If he's doing only induction, the copper layers add little to performance. If he uses electric or gas too, then it would be worth considering.

-AJ
    I don't understand this statement! Why do you feel it will "add little to performance"?