Japanese Knives Gonbei Hammered Damscus

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBroida

KKF Vendor
Founding Member
Reaction score
The Gonbei Hammered Damascus Series is BACK IN STOCK, but with a different handle... we have switched over to Ichii octagon handles. The ichii handles are larger overall, have a bit of taper to them, unlike the rosewood, and have buffalo horn ferrules instead of pakkawood. We will update our photos in the meantime, but for now, here is a quick group shot.
http://www.japaneseknifeimports.com/kitchen-knives/gonbei/hammered-damascus-series.html

977016_10151806551433860_574306507_o.jpg

The look nice, are they the better alternative to the now overpriced SKD Yoshikane knives? And do they come without handles also? ;) (Although the Ichii handles do look nice).

Stefan

Not quite the same as the yoshikane... and sadly, i dont have ones without handles. I may be able to order one for you that way, but it would take some time if thats ok. Also, what i have found is that most of the makers in japan feel uncomfortable sending handle-less knives, as its like sending a half finished product. Wholesalers and retailers will do it for customers, but they arent making the knives, so the feelings are different i'm sure.

-Jon

These are pretty great guys I gotta say.

Very nice looking knives I must say...and at that price...I might be picking one up for the wife to replace our main stay at home knife which I gave away :D

Hey John,
Just checking to see if you'll have a chance to put up individual pics of the knives on your site? Know you got a lot on your plate so no worries if you can't for a while. Thanks!

Back