Quantcast
SinkBridge/Stone Holder - The Supremeness - A Group Buy
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SinkBridge/Stone Holder - The Supremeness - A Group Buy

SinkBridge/Stone Holder - The Supremeness - A Group Buy

Yes, I said "Supremeness", and I meant it!

Awhile back I was asked to take a look at a new product ( a sink bridge) that's coming to market, a product designed by and for knife sharpening nuts. I was shown some pictures and immediately agreed and was sent a sample. My initial impression when opening the box was "WOW!!" and this opinion has carried on through testing.

To give you some back story, there is a group of knifenuts in China (we're everywhere!!) that was discussing the merits of the current sink bridges that are available on the market. Some of these guys envisioned making an upgraded model and one person (who happens to work on CNC machines) took on the challenge. As a group they came up with the design and modified to perfection.

Here is the machine shop where the "Supremeness" was born....

Some parts making...

They decided to make this sinkbridge sturdy, strong, & water/rust resistant. Solid aircraft aluminum billets and stainless steel rods and hardware were chosen for materials.
    Here is the prototype...

Then they made the parts look pretty by anodizing the aluminum billets...

To further enhance the beauty they offer engraving/personalization...

The result....

As you can see the sinkbridge is easily adjustable by loosening and tightening the wing nuts and knurled knob to accommodate small stones to large stones mounted on wood bases.

After using this as a sinkbridge I started to wish that it could be used as a stone holder, it's so heavy and solidly built that I wanted to try this so I laid it down on some rubber and damn I was loving it! I spoke with the product rep about having some rubber feet installed so that this would then become both a sinkbridge and a stone holder in one unit and the manufacturer agreed!!!

I haven't seen a working example of this yet but I have no doubt that the end result will meet or exceed my expectations.

Here are the two foot sections where the rubber "feet" will be attached...

So now for the stats....

OAL - 18" (457mm)

Fits sinks/water bucket tubs up to 16 3/4" (425mm or 42.5cm)

Holds stones up to 14 1/2" (368mm) in length

Materials - Solid aircraft aluminum billet, stainless steel, & some form of rubber for the feet

Weight - 6 lbs (2.7 kg)

Now for the fun stuff....let's have a group buy!

For me to be able to order these I need to purchase a minimum and it's a lot for little 'ole me to do. I was given pricing based on quantities, the pricing I will list is for a minimum of 20. I think that we can do this, or at least I'm hoping that's the case. If we can't make this minimum then we'll either have to cancel or ask for more per unit, neither is a good way to roll as far as I'm concerned.

The manufacturer will allow the following for this initial group buy...

1. Initial Introductory Pricing - these WILL go up in the future for sure, this is 100% going to happen.

2. Choice of two anodizing colors. Each customer can chose either red or blue as shown in the above pictures.

3. Personalization - Your name engraved. Yes your name (last, first, or even screenname here at KKF, whatever) will be engraved should you wish on your Supremeness sinkbridge/stoneholder

*These sinkbridges should also come standard with the JKS crossed yanagiba logo engraved although this is subject to change.

The introductory group buy price is $175 (plus shipping)
    1/3 deposit due at the time of placing the order (initial invoice), the remainder due when the bridges are ready to ship from us here in PA.

*Note - The unit is heavy (almost 6 lbs) so the shipping cost is not going to be inexpensive, especially for you overseas/international customers. Please keep this in mind. Sorry but I can't quote shipping costs.

If you're interested in reserving one of these sinkbridges please post "I'm IN" within this thread and I'll follow, once we have the minimum "I'm IN's", by sending you a Paypal invoice. You'll want to make sure to note what, if any, personalization you want applied to your bridge at this time. I will assume that you don't want any personalization if you say nothing.

So what do you think? Are you IN?

Delivery time is expected to be 4-5 weeks

Very Cool!
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I forgot to mention....my opinions in use....

Zero flex/wiggle/wobble seen. The adjustment blocks move with a finger's touch. The thumb screws lock up solidly with next to no pressure exerted. Top to bottom, this is a quality product, I doubt that I'll ever see a better sinkbridge/stone holder than this.

Those look really nice.

Gorgeous piece of kit Dave! I wonder how it would look sitting atop a piece of tree trunk clamped to a stool?

Quote Originally Posted by tripleq View Post
    Gorgeous piece of kit Dave! I wonder how it would look sitting atop a piece of tree trunk clamped to a stool?

Dave, is the hardware stainless as well? Seeing as this thing is built to last a while, are the rubber feet going to be easily replaceable when they wear out? Do you tighten the cap screws and then use the wing nuts to lock it up?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

I'm in.

I'm in Dave!
    Twitter: @PeterDaEater

+ Reply to Thread