Quantcast
SinkBridge/Stone Holder - The Supremeness - A Group Buy - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: SinkBridge/Stone Holder - The Supremeness - A Group Buy

Ya know, Dave....I'm also think about the anodizing wearing away where it contacts the stones. All that errant slurry and stuff. Maybe some sort of rubber protection there as well?
    Though I could not caution all I still might warn a few; Don't raise your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools. - Robert Hunter

Hey, do you have an idea how much it would cost to send to the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    Well I'm in regardless of shipping to oz. looks to me like the ultimate one stop sink bridge/ stone holder.
    +1

Count me in Dave

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob View Post
    Well I'm in regardless of shipping to oz. looks to me like the ultimate one stop sink bridge/ stone holder.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ecchef View Post
    Ya know, Dave....I'm also think about the anodizing wearing away where it contacts the stones. All that errant slurry and stuff. Maybe some sort of rubber protection there as well?

I've been watching this, it could be a concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Nmko View Post
    +1

Count me in Dave
    Got ya, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    That's a good idea.

Just so you know though (although this might not matter) the rods (or rails as they call them) have a flat milled along both sides (I'm assuming that this was done for a reason) and are likely metric.
    just a guess and not sure it matters but it probably has flat sides to allow the thumb screw to set better.... my experience has been check with your local machinist before you assume they can do this for you at a reasonable cost

I don't use a sink bridge myself, but as a user of natural stones, I'd be worried that the bare metal would chip stones. A rubber lining on the inside of the holder platform could ameliorate that, and provide a little extra grip as well.

Well, I'm going to say this because I know Dave you want hear what people really think. First of all it is a really nice sink bridge. I like the fact that it's just a couple of rails and the support system needed to clamp the stone and attach it to the sink. I've been using a Tojiro Sink Bridge for several years and the one thing I really don't like about it is there's all kind of places for water and slurry to accumulate in. So when you're done sharpening you have to leave it in the sink so it can drain before finishing drying it off and putting it away. Plus the fact that it's kind of bulky. The Supremeness definitely needs some rubber feet to work as a stone holder, but also some on the lips that will be in contact with the sink. People who have undermount sinks will not want to risk damaging their countertops.

The real issue I have with this thing though is that it's kind of pricey, I'd be more inclined to buy one for $125. And now that I have officially joined the "Fixed Income" group, I have to be mindful of where I spend my money.

+ Reply to Thread