• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS (USA/CAN) Watanabe gyuto 240 Stefan handle.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tripleq

Reaction score
The story: I've decided to sell my unused Stefan Keller handled Watanabe Blue steel gyuto 240. I replaced a lot of stolen knives in a short period and in the flurry of emails with Watanabe I ended up ordering a 240 mistakenly. I had an extra Stefan handle and I had Dave install it. I've gone to the knife countless times since getting it back but it just isn't working for me so I'm selling it and replacing it with a 270.

The knife is completely unused. It hasn't cut into anything. I've kept it on a magnetic bar so there are a few superficial scratches on the back side. The handle is cascara wood.

Price: 325$ PayPalled, buyer pays actual shipping cost. Shipped the next business day after cleared payment via traceable postal product.

Pictures from Stefan's handle gallery. It is the last knife on this page:

http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/showthread.php/246-Stefan-s-Handle-Gallery/page37

Thanks for looking.

If I had it in my budget, I would be tempted myself. I had a 240 Watanabe briefly, traded up for a 270, but wish I had both... It really is a great allround gyuto unless you prefer 'lasers'.

Stefan

It is a great knife Stefan and as I said after the rehandle, pictures don't do the wood justice. I actually sent a picture of the handle to Shinichi Watanabe and he was thoroughly impressed. Cascara is rare in Japan and he couldn't believe the grain. Another testament to the quality of your handles. I would keep this knife but as good as it is it just isnt my 270. I'm not a big fan of change that way ;)

If I had it in my budget, I would be tempted myself. I had a 240 Watanabe briefly, traded up for a 270, but wish I had both... It really is a great allround gyuto unless you prefer 'lasers'.

Stefan

Beautiful knife, great price. I Havent tried Watanabe yet but look forward to it next year. GLWS

I had a question about what currency the asking price is in. It is USD.

sorry to whoever asked, but Im sitting here chuckling to myself...

Actually this isn't the first time. Happened last week too. Sometimes other Canadians think because I'm Canadian the price is in CAD. I know on some forums based in the US the rules state that standard classified section currency is USD unless otherwise noted but honestly I haven't looked at the rules here.

Friendly bump:D. I think this is a great knife and while this may seem unusual on this site, I have a Tanaka and a Shig in this size already. Otherwise I would of bought it already - and may still it is sooooo tempting!!!

Good for you tripleq... Thanks again for the friendly insights! I was revisiting this post with thoughts if changing my mind and buying, glad you found a good home for it though.

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Latest posts

Back