I NEED HELP

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohbewon

Reaction score
I love knives.
I can't say that show my knives as much love as they show me.
Because I lost 90% of my knives from the move from Texas to Kansas City, I dont have much to give an example from.
I have a Moritaka 210 WA Gyuto that has a divot from the heel to the middle of the blade.
Please help me...
Plus, The AOS is super reactive, and I can't pretend I'm a stellar professional when it comes to up-keep.
Anyone know of a spa-treatment/tutorial I can use?

B

Take a photo and post it here, its hard to tell what you mean from your description.

moritaka.jpg

I love knives.
Because I lost 90% of my knives from the move from Texas to Kansas City, I dont have much to give an example from.
I have a Moritaka 210 WA Gyuto that has a divot from the heel to the middle of the blade.
Please help me...
Plus, The AOS is super reactive, and I can't pretend I'm a stellar professional when it comes to up-keep.

B

The AS isn't all that reactive, the cladding is.

I love knives.
Please help me...

B

What happen during the moving process?

The moving company lost 6 boxes on the move up here, and one of them contained all of my knives but the two I had to stage with. :-/

Holy cow that sounds like a nightmare. Is the moving company going to pay for the lost items?

Garsh, I appreciate the offer. I purchased a couple from forum members recently - ones that will hold me over. I can get by with what I have for the time being. I was more concerned with fixing the over grind than anything.

Holy cow that sounds like a nightmare. Is the moving company going to pay for the lost items?
They're going to cover a little portion of what was lost. But NOTHING close what they were all worth. Never use Presto Logistics for a moving company.

I won't name whom, but I was actually suggested this knife by a retailer. (not a forum member)
I'll stick with buying elsewhere.
bummer, sounds like a bunch of bad knife-luck.

sadly, "correcting" the over-grind issues with your Moritaka may involve time travel and giving your former self some better knife advise:
http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/archive/index.php/t-1367.html

Reactivity and be decreased with patina. There are many, many threads about either forced or natural patinas.

Back