• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fowler 255mm gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eaglerock

Reaction score
Selling this beautiful knife as i need some funds for building a winter bike.

I know i'll regret this later but i'll be contacting MR Fowler for a custom one next time :)

the knife is made from w2 and got a nice hamon that i can't show very well in the pictures. The handle is beautiful and very comfortable.
comes with a friction fit saya with a pin hole, but sorry no pin.

Pictures can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/d9a9ivtghhpn25o/tvSEWISjTP

I think 340$ shipped is a fair price as shipping from Finland is expensive. if any one is also interested in the tanaka i can do a package deal :)

_MG_1478.jpg

Sorry forgot to add that it is Tanaka blue#2 105mm petty almost mirror like polished with burnt chestnut handle.

Few pms but nothing serious yet !!
Price drop to 330$ shipped and paypaled :)

Yeah I also really dig that handle. It's hard to tell from the pics, but about tall is it at the heel?

yes i'll miss the handle for sure, it is very unique :)

it is 45mm at the heel.

Is the handle heavy or light? How thick is the knife? What would the total price be with shipping to Sweden? (Cheaper? ;D)

The knife weights 200g with the balance point around the W in Fowler. so i think it is a light knife.
at the handle it is 3mm, 2mm at the heel, 1.5mm midway and under 1mm before the tip.
nice grind to a thin edge with no flex at all.

Back