Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Christmas Gift Sets Ideas

Cool Christmas Gift Sets Ideas

Hi folks,
    I would like to produce a few sets of knives in time for Christmas.

Was thinking 240mm gyuto, 275mm suji, and 90mm paring knife, all matching wood, octagonal shape handles. Might do the gyutos in S-geometry. Paring knife will feature a ground radius at the ferrule tip, for a comfortable hold. For the spacer, I was thinking of using a white spacer instead of metal.

For wood, I am getting a quite a bit of wood from stabilizing shortly, so there will be high-end to standard choice selection. I will let customer to pick the wood.

What do you think of the idea? I wanted to do the sets for quite a while now (and not just these, but also butchering sets) and these three knives seem like the most useful knives for me, but I am happy to take into account your suggestion.

Marko

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

If my KKF Inbox is full (or not), please contact me via Email: anvlts@gmail.com

I think it is a great idea. I have been toying with the idea of getting some 2 or 3 knife sets made with my next purchases

Quote Originally Posted by malexthekid View Post
    I think it is a great idea. I have been toying with the idea of getting some 2 or 3 knife sets made with my next purchases
    I thin the point here is to match the wood on all pieces of the set, but to make a set of the most useful knives.

I like gyuto-suji-parer combination, but am opened for other ideas, like gyuto-suji-petty, or gyuto-suji-nakiri. Tall knives I will offer with S grind, narrow knives with convex.

I can do many set, just maybe 3-4.

Going to think about it a little bit, but will start planning shortly.

Thanks,

Marko

"All beauty that has no foundation in use, soon grows distasteful and needs continuous replacement with something new." The Shakers' saying.

Gyuto-suji-parer is a great set gives you a little bit of everything. What type of steel are you thinking? My vote is abe-l, I think majority of people who will buy this set will be for a gift for someone like mom gf dad family members etc.

Either gyuto-suji-parer or gyuto-suji-petty i think.

And personally i would say 52100 or aeb-l for steel types

Quote Originally Posted by malexthekid View Post
    Either gyuto-suji-parer or gyuto-suji-petty i think.

And personally i would say 52100 or aeb-l for steel types
    52100 and AEB-L are my two favorite steels

I would love to see this happen. Let me know how I can be in the list. Thanks so much for this.

Not trying to hijack the thread because I believe this is an AWESOME idea ... but ... the idea of a 'Marko Butchery Set' makes me sooooo happpyyy! Please let me know if this happens ... oh and in AEB-L please ...

Engorged Member
    I'm in. Gyuto, suji, petty?
    "So you want to be a vegetarian? Hitler was a vegetarian and look at how he turned out."

I would definitely be interested in the details.