Quantcast
Poor experiences with Korin?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 63

Thread: Poor experiences with Korin?

  1. #1
    Sponsors
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,150

    Poor experiences with Korin?

    So... this is a scary question for me to ask, but I'm going to ask anyways. Has anyone had poor experiences with or at Korin?

    Please be gentle. If it makes you feel better, the majority of the employees have left and policies have changed. LOL

    I am here in hopes to make things better. I may not know how immediately and it may take some time, but damn it I will try.

    A few that have been previously pointed out to me:

    Amazon and Korin.com shipping charges are different
    Reason: Amazon uses USPS, and even if we used to use USPS we stopped because we were having such horrible experiences with them. The reasons why we stopped using USPS are because they kept losing our packages, never coming to pick up the packages, just unreliable, and etc etc. Customers can call in and request USPS shipping, but customer service will warn you that it might take longer and the dangers of USPS. The reason we offer USPS on Amazon is because it has limitations on shipping settings and we couldn't be visible on Amazon without lowering our prices somehow.

    Wooden knife cover pin holes are too small
    We have started to test each pin and make sure it fits before we ship. If you have had to drill or do anything to your cover, because it did not fit. We will happy to replace it, if you can send us the cover and pin (we will provide a label), and you let me know.

    Anything other problems?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Deckhand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Costa Mesa California
    Posts
    1,736
    I had extremely good service from Alex Chen. I have bought from Korin twice. Both times with excellent service. The first time you were out of stock on a ux10 so I had to wait for your delivery to get shipment sent from you, but I have nothing but good things to say about Korin. Also, both my sayas and pins were fine.

  3. #3
    Sponsors
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckhand View Post
    I had extremely good service from Alex Chen. I have bought from Korin twice. Both times with excellent service. The first time you were out of stock on a ux10 so I had to wait for your delivery to get shipment sent from you, but I have nothing but good things to say about Korin.
    ::WHEW:: I was bracing myself. LOL

    I'm so glad!! I will let Alex know. He will be thrilled, I'm sure. Thank you for your support!

  4. #4
    Senior Member VoodooMajik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Jasper, Alberta
    Posts
    396
    Not being able to some of those sexy knives... XD
    It's not the Answer it's the Experience

  5. #5
    Senior Member Candlejack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    ::WHEW:: I was bracing myself. LOL

    I'm so glad!! I will let Alex know. He will be thrilled, I'm sure. Thank you for your support!
    Well.. if you're waiting for something i'll make some story up to get you to become better at something.


    No but seriously, i haven't had any experience with Korin, as i haven't found you to be as competitive as other stores when it comes to international buyers.
    Perhaps you should try to expand in this market?

    Like shipping from Japan as mentioned earlier, i'm used to pay like 7 bucks for shipping from Koki, so paying like 40-50+bucks from Korin isn't really that competitive, especially when the product itself is often a few dollars more expensive. (but that's what's needed when you have physical stores)

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    585
    I've had very good experiences although I haven't had the pleasure of walking in and seeing Mr. Sugai sharpening. Oh and I've always left with a sense of disappointment.....that I couldn't take home all of the display knives. Such a tease

  7. #7
    Sponsors
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    Well.. if you're waiting for something i'll make some story up to get you to become better at something.


    No but seriously, i haven't had any experience with Korin, as i haven't found you to be as competitive as other stores when it comes to international buyers.
    Perhaps you should try to expand in this market?

    Like shipping from Japan as mentioned earlier, i'm used to pay like 7 bucks for shipping from Koki, so paying like 40-50+bucks from Korin isn't really that competitive, especially when the product itself is often a few dollars more expensive. (but that's what's needed when you have physical stores)
    I will bring this up. Pricing wise, we should be pretty competitive, but shipping always adds a lot especially if you live farther away. I wonder how Koki ships aboard... USPS or maybe from Japan? I have no idea. Kencrest is in Seattle though, so I assume when they ship domestically it's USPS. Hmm...

    I will work on it. Thanks for telling me.

  8. #8
    Sponsors
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I've had very good experiences although I haven't had the pleasure of walking in and seeing Mr. Sugai sharpening. Oh and I've always left with a sense of disappointment.....that I couldn't take home all of the display knives. Such a tease
    Your location says NYC, but are you still in the area? If you plan to come into Korin looking for Mr. Sugai, I will be happy to let you know. He also has a free demo in the showroom on tuesdays and saturdays on 2pm. He's in Japan right now, but he'll be back in two weeks.

    Thank you for your kind words!

  9. #9
    Senior Member Candlejack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    391
    Quote Originally Posted by Korin_Mari View Post
    I will bring this up. Pricing wise, we should be pretty competitive, but shipping always adds a lot especially if you live farther away. I wonder how Koki ships aboard... USPS or maybe from Japan? I have no idea. Kencrest is in Seattle though, so I assume when they ship domestically it's USPS. Hmm...

    I will work on it. Thanks for telling me.
    He ships from japan when i purchase, atleast!

  10. #10
    Sponsors
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    1,150
    Quote Originally Posted by Candlejack View Post
    He ships from japan when i purchase, atleast!
    Hmmm... How are they shipping for so cheap? Thanks for the heads up.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts