Quantcast
Dishwasher is probably fried - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dishwasher is probably fried

Last year, we finally replaced ours. Its performance had slowly degraded over the last couple years and my frustration with it finally won out. We finally settled on a Bosch. The one we picked was in the upper-mid range of their offerings. It's very efficient from a power and water standpoint and does a really nice job of cleaning our dishes. Most importantly, it's insanely quiet, to the point that I can't always tell that it's running, even when I'm standing next to it. In our small bungalow, that's huge. Our old one, despite the fact that it could hold a ton of dishes and had the best rack layout of any washer I've had in a home, sounded like a jet at takeoff. You could clearly hear it behind closed doors at the farthest point in the house when it was running. We managed to catch the Bosch on sale at Lowes which made it far more palatable at the time, although we were still a bit hesitant. Compared to what we could have gotten for the same money, we're very pleased with the purchase and feel like we got very good bang for our buck. Please don't ask me about the installation though. The installation was a nightmare. That's not a reflection on the washer, BTW, but rather the incompetence of the contractor that remodeled the home well before we purchased it. I literally had to cut the old washer into pieces to remove it and I'm pretty sure some of the things I had to do to the new one in order to make it fit into the opening voided the warranty on it in a major way. Thankfully, it in no way affected the functionality or performance of the washer. LOL...

BTW, at first when I read the title of the thread, I thought you were talking about a machine at work. I have two at work which I'm very adept at keeping on the job. They don't always get treated kindly and occasionally protest and refuse to work. I've gotten very good at tearing them down and cleaning them out in order to keep the universe that is our kitchen spinning on axis. It's pretty darn funny, but no joke, I've come to the conclusion that the most valuable pieces of equipment in our kitchen are the dishwashers. I have three ovens, two cooktops, a griddle, a fridge, freezer, and a grill. If any one of those goes down, I can probably figure out a way to prepare just about anything we have to using alternative methods, but man, if those dishwashers go down??? We'd be completely SOL...

I have a six month old Miele that I love... washes brilliantly but I can't comment about longevity a top tray for cutlery is brilliant, as it saves the room for the little cutlery basket in one of the racks. But the real reason that I bought that over a cheaper one was for water and energy efficiency, and out of a hope it would last longer.... and I'm probably a sucker.

Second the Bosch. I pound the hell out of my DW. Run it every day and sometime five and six times a day. I've only had to change some of the plastics inside. Evidently if these dishwasher break your really screwed. The repair man told me that in his ten years working on these new Bosch models, he's only had to operate on their insides once or twice, but when he did open them, he said the parts would cover the entire kitchen floor.
    One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Martell View Post
    I married one.
    Lol, I wish I do around 90% of all the dishes here . It has been a while since I have folded any laundry though, I'll take that swap.

Thanks for the input guys, it looks like I am heading out in a few minutes to grab a new one. Bosch is actually on sale and miele would be full price, but we are going to go look at all of them and carry some dishes to load up and see how it goes.

Thanks

We got a Bosch, too, several years ago. Mid range. It's quiet. We love it.

Ended up with a bosch half the price of miele hope it is awesome.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Kitchen Knife Forum mobile app

My Bosch is quiet as a church mouse, much less $ and noise than the Kitchen Aid it replaces ( fewer bells and whistles), which I had repaired multiple times.

Nice! You'll be pleased with it.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Kitchen Knife Forum mobile app

I was always fried when I was a dishwasher.
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"