• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

trade: customized 270 tanaka ginsanko gyuto for 240 takeda sasanoha

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
up for trade:
the workhorse that i put out on passaround. have since given it a serious tune up and is now the best cutter of my kit. despite its outstanding performance, i am converting to full carbon only, plus i prefer more blade height in a workhorse. favorite thing about this knife is the profile, very flat and a low pointing tip (meaning hardly any belly and the nose is closer to the board)

spine and choil rounded
thinned considerably while maintaining asymmetric geometry for strong food release, the tip especially (i think the tip is actually too thin for me now)
pakkawood ferrule, rosewood handle

only used it for a few months. has scratches from thinning on a dmt, otherwise great condition.

what i want:
the narrower flat profile sasanoha takeda gyuto in 240mm to use on the line. i tried using a suji and a 210 gyuto, but i've come to realize i have to have knuckle clearance and i hate all 210 length knives, lol.

*also have available if you prefer: 210 tanaka blue #2 damascus sekiso series gyuto with black micarta ferrule olivewood handle in an octaval shape (top half of the handle is beveled octagon shape, bottom half is rounded oval very comfortable shape for small knife) it's been etched in ferric chloride which drastically reduces reactivity. bought as a home knife, but it's basically a drawer queen, i never use it.

handles(left ginsanko, middle damascus):
tanakafamily2_zps63122f3b.jpg

ginsanko:
cabbage_zps22a950a7.jpg

the damascus(it's the 3rd one):
etch_zpsee0521ba.jpg

i'm really only interested in this specific trade unless you make me an offer i can't refuse.

if you are interested in the 210 tanaka i would consider other carbon 240 gyutos or straight up sale if reasonable offer is made

Who did the handle on the 210 tanaka?

That 270 was a nice knife, i wish i had more time to use it and bring out its best while I had it. Good idea to keep it haha

You should check it out how I have it now Jared, its like I put on a twin turbo kit!! You can borrow it again some time down the line.. It was actually too thin behind the edge, I chipped both the tip and heel the other day lol

Outstanding! haha sounds like a knife i would like. Id love to give it another run around, times have eased up a bit now. Let me know when.

after giving it some more use today, iv'e decided to keep the 270, sorry guys. it's too good of a performer for me to let go. :D
the 210 is available however.

+10

GREAT knife, not sure why you wanted to get rid of it. I was a little sad when it left me. I prob. will be getting one of these for myself for christmas.

Back