Heiji

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ryann

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just got ordered one from him and in case you are interested in a Heiji knife direct from himself, here are his most recent prices. I'm not sure if they are posted elsewhere and if so my apologies:

Gyuto240mm in Sweden steel is 26250JPY. Semi-stainless is 23100JPY.

Gyuto270mm in Sweden steel is 36750JPY. Semi-stainless is 31500JPY.

I ordered the 270mm semi-stainless for 31500 + 1600 (paypal) + 2040 (shipping to AU) yen

Although we talked in Japanese, I think his English is pretty good.
He said it will be a 4 month wait. Never waited this long for a knife before.. here's to waiting 4 months for a knife! :laugh:

Thanks for the heads up mate. It really worth the wait!

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Hi guys,

I just got ordered one from him and in case you are interested in a Heiji knife direct from himself, here are his most recent prices. I'm not sure if they are posted elsewhere and if so my apologies:

I ordered the 270mm semi-stainless for 31500 + 1600 (paypal) + 2040 (shipping to AU) yen

He said it will be a 4 month wait. Never waited this long for a knife before.. here's to waiting 4 months for a knife! :laugh:

4 months is nothing in terms of waiting for a custom knife.

It's incredibly quick, in my mind. Nice grab.

Hi guys,

ryann,
Thanks for the info.
But does this price quotes included with Saya?

Thanks
Michael

Michael, it doesn't include a saya. I imagine it'd be similar ro what Watanabe charges for a saya because every knife is unique.

Ryan

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

So much cooler getting knives direct from the makers themselves, innit?

How complicated would this be to do for someone with no Japanese? Would someone mind directing me the contact info (by PM if necessary)?

i got one from him, chrome translates the website and emails were in english. So, very easy. Waiting 3 months is the only difficult part.

i got one from him, chrome translates the website and emails were in english. So, very easy. Waiting 3 months is the only difficult part.

I can't even find the website. Apparently I'm both linguistically and technologically challenged.

Ok, this is making me feel really ignorant, but when everyone talks on KKF about the "Heiji" are they talking about these knives or the Gesshin Heiji from JCK?

Danny, my fault. Jon from JKI carries a line called Gesshin Heiji, made by Heiji to Jon's specifications. Heiji also sells knives direct from himself which I was referring to. My apologies

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Danny, my fault. Jon from JKI carries a line called Gesshin Heiji, made by Heiji to Jon's specifications. Heiji also sells knives direct from himself which I was referring to. My apologies

Cool, thanks for clearing that up. And of course I meant JKI, not JCK.

For the record the Heiji I own is from Jon and I assumed the website you could not find was Heiji's.

Back