Quantcast
You Drank Too Much. Fess Up. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You Drank Too Much. Fess Up.

Never tried the rye, have to see if they have that out here. The 101 is a good basic weekday whiskey IMHO, nothing to meditate over but flavorful with a bit of a punch, although I do drink it on the rocks with some water. My other 'regular' Bourbon is Maker's Mark which I find to be a bit rounder and more balanced, something I would also drink neat. I drink bourbons when I am in the 'I need a drink' mood, and Single Malts when I want to sit down and 'meditate' over a drink for a while - which stands for taking a break from a stressful time and spending a moment to consciously wind down and focus on the presence and something nice - like the smell of an Ardbeg 10.

Stefan

Btw, I weathered the night just fine. I did not get a BUI (buying under the influence); didn't text my ex-wife; and did not break any bones. Though I did break one a few weeks ago. The key was drinking a boatload of electrolyte water.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

Mr. Drinky, you are setting the bar high my friend....very high.

Quote Originally Posted by mr drinky View Post
    Btw, I weathered the night just fine. I did not get a BUI (buying under the influence); didn't text my ex-wife; and did not break any bones. Though I did break one a few weeks ago. The key was drinking a boatload of electrolyte water.

k.
    They sell Pedialyte in adult sized bottles...

Here is my routine. Drink 1x 16 oz glass of water with alka seltzer tabs; immediately after another 16 oz glass of water with Bayer aspirin (2-3) -- you will be full; then fill up another glass for the nightstand and put a Nuun electrolyte tab in it for when you wake up. Every time you wake up after drink another Nuun electrolyte glass of water. If you get to the daylight hours and feel you aren't going to make it, take Benadryl and sleep through the rough part.

k.
    "There's only one thing I hate more than lying…skim milk, which is water that's lying about being milk." -- Ron Swanson

That's a bit complicated, but I am going to try and remember it next weekend. I don't drink much hard stuff, but I do love my red wine and micro breweries!

Talk about giving your liver a huge middle finger! Lol I try to stay natural in my intoxication cures.

Your liver is a member of the team, if you don't eff with him once in awhile it just becomes all business...
    The AI does not love you, nor does it hate you, but you are made out of atoms it might find useful for something else. - Eliezer Yudkowsky

bourbon is for suckers, +1 rye.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Nguyen View Post
    How do you like the Turkey 101? I've been meaning on trying some but I keep forgetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by EdipisReks View Post
    get the rye, instead.
    Yes, but make sure it is the 101 rye. It can be tricky to find in some parts, the 81 proof rye is more common on shelves now and nowhere near as nice as the 101.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney