Whats Your Bread Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smilesenpai

Reaction score
Whats your bread knife?

I am looking at a Richmond Artifex custom

Also mac superior , the offset handle really makes it worth the extra $$ for me. Plenty of knuckle clearance

I've posted about this knife before and I've never gotten much reaction but I've tried many and the Misono Moly is the knife for me. Absolutely awesome cutter. Cutting boards beware.

I've posted about this knife before and I've never gotten much reaction but I've tried many and the Misono Moly is the knife for me. Absolutely awesome cutter. Cutting boards beware.

Salty has been touting them for years....nice and long.

what is the best place to get the mac superior or tojiro besides you know where?

shun Kramer Meiji. Absolutely amazing plus a stellar handle to boot. I got lucky on eBay

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Kitchen Knife Forum mobile app

Depends on the F&F flaw, mine shipped with a significant burr on the right side of the knife, so much so that when holding the knife edge up with my left hand, I could pick the blade up with my right thumbnail (by the burr)...I found it easy enough to fix by dragging across the edge of a stone, but as shipped performance was off for sure.

I did however start a thread about it at the time, and nobody else seemed be having the same issue so might not be a typical problem.

If it were me, I'd shell out the 20 bucks extra for the Mac.

Custom handled ITK Tojiro.
I was going to have a handle put on either so I saved the extra $ for the Mac and used it for the handle for the ITK.

so it is a toss up on the FF that you will get with the Tojiro some good some bad I dont think I really mind especially since it is a bread knife

Depends on the F&F flaw, mine shipped with a significant burr on the right side of the knife, so much so that when holding the knife edge up with my left hand, I could pick the blade up with my right thumbnail (by the burr)...I found it easy enough to fix by dragging across the edge of a stone, but as shipped performance was off for sure.

I did however start a thread about it at the time, and nobody else seemed be having the same issue so might not be a typical problem.

If it were me, I'd shell out the 20 bucks extra for the Mac.

Mine came with a wire edge; folded over after the first use on baguettes. Need to knock it off sometime this week.

Bought ITK not a long time ago, but didn't managed to like it so far. The FF were quite bad and forced using some sandpaper for handle. And there are visible holes between blade and wooden handle that I still need to fix.

I use an ITK mine came with decent F&F and really it works awesome for the $60 i spent on it

Guede 320 with a koa handle and the small Guede 230, handle yet to be determined...

Stefan

Miyabi Kaizen Bread Knife... Much nicer than my old victorinox, and comfier than the MAC... and looks a lot better.

The Mac (and I believe the Tojiro as well) have a scalloped edge, which a) doesn't mess up the cutting board, and b) stays sharper longer because the cutting edge is primarily coming in contact with the food you're cutting, not the board. I like that design.

Franz Güte 320mm--it's a beast and works great on crusty cooked meats too.

Back