• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

A few pieces

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdm_magic

Reaction score
I've got a few things that I'm looking to sell to fund some new knives, or to just trade off for other knives.

First up is a Masamoto KS 240mm gyuto. In the interest of disclosure, this is one of the ones from Rakuten. I don't know if its thick or thin behind the edge, only that I don't find it particularly chunky. Its been used for about two weeks in a pro kitchen then left to one side, probably sharpened 2-3 times.

2QOC21l.jpg

ddpunT0.jpg

kxp3Kar.jpg

IwUUSsN.jpg

I'm looking for 250$, and I'll go halfs on worldwide shipping, or I'll cover it inside the UK.

Next is a 270mm suji from JM Forge. I got it from a member here, who said it was the second best suji they've ever used, only behind their Rader. Its in w2, and has a burke saya with it, along with a Keller handle made from exhibition koa and marble buffalo horn.

RqNJkXq.jpg

595Ym7Y.jpg

GqPeNmW.jpg

Looking for 300$, same deal with the shipping.

150mm Ealy petty, steel is O1, handle is box elder and redwood. I really like the handle on this and I think its a great little line knife. I've only had this for about a month, but its been in my case since it arrived so has seen some use. Been touched up probably 4 times.

JjbicHX.jpg

Looking for 225$ which is what I paid for it.

Finally there is this JMJones 200mm (8 inch) slicer. I got this as part of a trade from Turbochef. His measurements were as follows:
Blade Length:205 mm/ 8 inches
Width at heel:35mm
Thickness of spine @
Heel 3.6mm
Mid 2.1mm
1 inch from tip 1.1mm

I havent had this knife long, but I do like it. Again, it makes a fantastic line knife, and the edge retention is very good. I can just tell that even though I like the knife, it isn't 'the' knife that I want.

bCm4aSE.jpg

1gBIQ6Z.jpg

I'm looking for 225$ for this one.

I'm open to trades on all knives, so if you've got something just let me know.

Cheers

As you happen to be a left-handed, I guess you've put a 50/50 edge on them. As for the KS, is that a beginning of pitting I see?

The edges are all around 50/50, or righty bias. I've never bothered to make them leftie friendly because I don't have issues with steering on them.

No pitting, just dark spots on the patina where lemon juice or whatever has hit it. I've just given it a quick polish and its come up fine, but I'll get more pictures if anyones really concerned by it.

That Masamoto looks like the Masamoto i bought a couple years ago from JCK.

I say use it, wait three months, clean it up and post it again so it sells in ten minutes.

must resist the urge to own an ealy petty... :IMOK:

whats the steel and blade geometry on the suji and line knife? Very interested in either or or both.

Masamoto is sold. Super, I'll give you a pm now.

Lets call it 250 for the suji and 175 on the slicer

Can you send me a pm ? I'm too new to send you a pm, thank you

Can you send me a pm ? I'm too new to send you a pm, thank you

O, You'll need 4-5 posts to enable pm function. Anti-spam measure. Suggest going to new members sub-forum and intro yourself, say hello to a couple others. There are several from the sunshine state here.

And welcome.

O, You'll need 4-5 posts to enable pm function. Anti-spam measure. Suggest going to new members sub-forum and intro yourself, say hello to a couple others. There are several from the sunshine state here.

And welcome.

Thanks,will do

Can you recap please? What's still for sale?

Just the jm jones slicer is up. Rest are all sold and shipped

I've also got sons 10 inch wa conversion that's going up soon, pics are in sons thread but I'll get my own. Asking is 250 with worldwide shipping.

I've still got the JMJones slicer if anyone is interested. 175$ shipped, or I'll do a trade for something if I like the look of it.

Latest posts

Back