• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTT: Ealy 240mm O-1 gyuto for 240ish gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greasedbullet

Reaction score
I have an Ealy 240mm gyuto in O-1 steel with a saya that I would like to trade for another 240ish gyuto. Western or wa, stainless or carbon doesn't matter as long as it is a good cutter and of equal value or lesser value + $. The value is $410. Lets see what you got. US only please.

The woods are Maple Burl and Redwood Burl.
20131111_130138.jpg20131111_130158.jpgThe spots on the blade are from some lemon juice splatter that I didn't notice fast enough. There is no rust and there is still patina in those spots.

Thanks for looking.

I keep saying this, but I love my Dels. If I didn't already have a 240 I'd be all over this!

I'm not very good at telling from photos but this looks to be his convex profile. If so, this it's a tremendous cutter!

It is from the more convex series, you can see it a bit, but you can mostly tell because those were the only ones that didn't have the plunge line.

I will agree, they do cut well.

I have a 240 in AEB-L that's a drawer queen. I think about selling from time to time, then I get it out and use it a while and decide against it... Every time. It will serve somebody well, these are sturdy knives and Dels steel takes a great edge. As an added bonus, they are damned handsome.
GLWS!

It is a good cutter. The handle is a little small for me though. I guess I will put this up for sale too, not just trades anymore.

I have a yoshikane SKD stainless clad 240mm with Stefan handle I may be willing to trade

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum

Thats a great looking knife. Ive spent waaaaay too much money this month. Would def want to try out his convex grind in the future. GLWS!

Can we see choil and tip? I'm unlikely to trade a Heiji, but you never know...

My apologies for the quality, these are the best I can do with my phone.
Choil
20131112_220936.jpg
Tip
20131112_221009.jpg
For some reason the tip looks like it is bending in this picture. It does not in reality as far as I can tell.

Well trading seems to not be working very well at the moment. Bump and price drop. $390 including Saya, insured shipping in US, and paypal. Trades are still welcome.

Well I guess I am in for a long haul on this one. This price is a low as it is going.

Back