Wall Mounted Knife Blocks - New Possible Product

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko Tsourkan

Founding Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,
a while back Dave (theBoardSmith) suggested that I make knife blocks. At that time I wasn't interested, but now I am considering offering a wall mount model, similar to one he made. It going to be 4" deep, 12 tall and will accommodate 10 knives.

Any interest for these?

Counter-top magnetic blocks are coming as well, but wall mount might be a good option for folks who want knives securely stored (out of the reach of children, cats, etc).

M

I've been looking for the "one" wall mounted block, would really like to see what you come up with. I'm fairly certain it will exceed expectations

Definite interest, do you have any sketches or pictures?

The design is similar to Dave's design where you have knife slots perpendicular to the face of the block. I will offset them so the slots are not in the same line, but basically, the block is going to be rectangular in shape, the face will be 3/8" thick some figured wood (thinking birdseye maple) and the back will have a mounting hardware. The middle will be plain wood of the same species.

I can make the block 3.5" deep if I use keyhole mounting hardware, or 4" deep with same hanging hardware as Dave used to make his.

At this time, unfortunately no. Don't have the capacity. Sorry. Will keep looking to find somebody who could do this for me under my supervision, but right now I am a one-man operation.

If

Back