Heavy Package just arrived

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burl Source

Weird Wood Pusher
Reaction score
I love it when I see the UPS guy with a box with yellow tape. That usually means new goodies for me.
I pulled out about 2/3 of the pieces to see what I have. Now it's time for a clean up marathon. This is the fun part for me getting them cleaned up and sanded to see how they look. Looks like there will be a lot of really nice wood in this batch.

Heavy Box! (translates "new wood for Mark")
nsw001_zps91dbda57.jpg

I forgot all about this wood. Spalted Tan Oak Burl.
nsw002_zps21d9d171.jpg

Spalted stuff. Tan Oak, Buckeye & Mango.
nsw003_zps21a9e556.jpg

Myrtle Burl, Silky Oak and Maple.
nsw004_zpsf3d3b1c1.jpg

Huge blocks of really good curly Koa. I will be cutting some of these.
nsw005_zps382e67b5.jpg

And a lot of new Redwood Blocks.
nsw006_zps2aa43596.jpg

The Spalted tan is right up my ally and the buckeye oh ya, looking two times at the mango

Dagum it I Just got out of the dog house over my last order Mark ! I am happy to say my dog house it at least Nice to sleep in now I guess I will be in it yet again when these are posted for sale as I am going to order a bunch of them for a 50 set project . Gerrr Bless you Mark for your hard work of supplying me many many reasons to spend time in my new Dog House <Grins>

Sam

I always wonder what the non-knifemaking people here do with all the wood you seduce them into buying, Mark ;) But they sure are pretty when they are cleaned up. I like the spalted ones in this set.

Stefan

I always wonder what the non-knifemaking people here do with all the wood you seduce them into buying, Mark ;) But they sure are pretty when they are cleaned up. I like the spalted ones in this set.
Stefan

Pesky is going to make a room divider with his wood. Lucretia is working on prototypes for a new type of knife that you hold with your toes. Not sure about the others.

Dang you Mark Farley!!! These are awesome. I love Buckeye and that oak looks really nice..
We are working on getting a truck load (semi) of Buckeye next spring. Maybe then I will have more buckeye instead of just once in a while like this year.
We use buckeye a lot for furniture and it is a good seller in the woodyard. But for some reason we never got any this year.

nsw010_zpsc63cc0f4.jpg

Looks like tomorrow will be spent cleaning up more of the blocks and then I will probably be adding them in the store Thursday.

BTW: these group photos look terrible. This is actually some nice looking wood.

Why do you think my Dog House looks so Nice :bigeek::matrix: It's Marks Fault and thats My story !

Sam

Latest posts

Back