• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Affordable Natural Stones & an offset Bread Knife

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For sale are a few smaller, entry-level natural stones. These make a great introduction to natural stones as they are affordable and their smaller size makes them useful for smaller kitchen knives or even razors or kogatana knives. I believe these would qualify as pre-polishing stones, leaving hazy finishes on both jigane and hagane. YMMV.

Nowadays I don't have time to polish blades, just attaining functional sharpness for work purposes. Synthetic stones are all I use these days.

All prices shipped and paypal'd in ConUS

1. Ohira Tomae $70

(originally from Metal Master: http://www.metalmaster-ww.com/product/198 )

Little used, the edges have been chamfered and the stone cuts quickly for a natural

Current Pic:

2. Hideriyama Renge Suita $45

(also from Metal Master: http://www.metalmaster-ww.com/product/246 )

Also little used, it is a softer stone.

Current Pic:

3. Natural Blue Aoto $45

(similar to one of the stones listed on this page: http://www.metalmaster-ww.com/product-list/37 )

Quite muddy, its fun to work with albeit slow cutting. Leaves a pretty even finish. Comes with box.

Current pics:

Also for sale, Shun Damascus 8" Offset Serrated Bread Knife. $40

Used for a few weeks at work for bread, got moved to a station that doesn't involve cutting any bread so no longer have a use.
Pics:

Willing to entertain offers on bundles.

Thanks for looking!

would the first two JNS be considered mid range I know already the Aoto is considered a good mid range stone before jumping to lets say 10k

What are the sizes of the stones?

They are listed in the metal master links, I can take ruler pics if needed

would the first two JNS be considered mid range I know already the Aoto is considered a good mid range stone before jumping to lets say 10k

I would consider them midrange, both leave hazy finishes that fall somewhere between 2-5K. Not finishing stones IMHO, but great as a last stop for double bevels or a pre-polish for single bevels. I'm no expert on JNats, so YMMV

Also,

Aoto and Shun bread knife are SPF

Pete, I didn't realize those were the stones you were selling so no need for the measurements. The set for 100 is a good deal. I just need to weigh it against my desire for full sized stones.

Buy both the ohira and hideriyama, get them for $100 shipped as a set

I would like to purchase both stones. I tried to PM but the system does not permit it (yet, I guess as I just registered). Would you be able to send me a PM with your Paypal address?

darnit, why am i broke? lol. would have loved to get some of these.

Back