Quantcast
Gauging interest?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest?

Gauging interest?

As most of ya know I am currently doing a 240mm Gyuto and will be also offering a few other styles in the very near future.

Im trying to determine if there is enough interest in a cleaver to consider doing a run of them to offer here?

My thought was to do a Nakiri or Cleaver. Not a thick meat and bone cutting style cleaver.

Im interested in hearing your thoughts. No commitment just some input on the subject. If not a cleaver or a nakiri what would you like other then a gyuto?

Thanks
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

A scimitar or longer curved filet knife for butchering. Though I doubt you'll get 200 thumbs up on that one. Maybe perhaps a 180-210 suji/petty? Meh, just my lousy 2 cents...

+1 for a 12" scimitar, carbon preferably
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

Stubby handled cleaver would be awesome!

Good stuff. Thanks guys for taking the time to comment. Im making a list and will keep track of the comments.

God Bless

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

A parer with the Sabatier profile!

Randy, 210mm-220mm kiritsuke tipped gyuto please.

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum
    I see, I like, I cut!

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    A scimitar or longer curved filet knife for butchering. Though I doubt you'll get 200 thumbs up on that one. Maybe perhaps a 180-210 suji/petty? Meh, just my lousy 2 cents...
    I'll second this! That marc4pt0, quite the smart guy! I'll bet he's very handsome too. I just count myself lucky to be able to share the same forum name and avatar as he. What a small world,I mean seriously, what are the odds!

But I digress, back to the topic at hand. Scimitar like filet knife-brilliant

Quote Originally Posted by Nmko View Post
    A parer with the Sabatier profile!
    Thanks Ill look into the Sab and its profile and shape and size.

Quote Originally Posted by V1P View Post
    Randy, 210mm-220mm kiritsuke tipped gyuto please.

Sent from my iPhone using Kitchen Knife Forum
    Nice. I love a K tip 200mm Gyuto! Would be my GO TO KNIFE in my small kitchen cooking for our family.

Quote Originally Posted by marc4pt0 View Post
    I'll second this! That marc4pt0, quite the smart guy! I'll bet he's very handsome too. I just count myself lucky to be able to share the same forum name and avatar as he. What a small world,I mean seriously, what are the odds!

But I digress, back to the topic at hand. Scimitar like filet knife-brilliant
    Got ya down TWICE!! lol

Availible Knives

+100 on the nakiri & how about a nice 270mm - 300mm suji?