Quantcast
Gauging interest? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Gauging interest?

I like the 180-210 petty/suji idea. Been been looking one of these to satisfy me for awhile.
    "Those who say it can't be done are always pasted by those doing it"

I would be interested in a cleaver. Something that won't chip if I whack through chicken bones.

Quote Originally Posted by bahamaroot View Post
    I like the 180-210 petty/suji idea. Been been looking one of these to satisfy me for awhile.
    I'm with you & Chef on this,found many uses for my Hiromoto AS 150 petty.Think a 180-190 petty/sugi type blade makes for a good line knife as well prep for service & home cooks.

Thanks guys for your input. Im listening and will do my best to offer stuff that will not only be beautiful. but functional and desirable to have in the kitchen or your knife roll.

Keep it coming!

Merry Christmas to you and yours
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

I got a chance this week to grind out a test blade.

Im excited about these. I changed up the handle on them back to a western, and modified the blade a little more. Ill try and get some images posted with specs. Its a cross between a suji and a gyuto. at about a 200mm blade length. Which should make it a great line knife as well.

I will be contacting 3 pro chefs as soon as I have the 3rd one of these done. To take one of these for a test drive. I will ask each for a written or verbal review. With focus on how the knife cuts, and works as is. As well as any changes they would suggest to make it better for there needs in the kitchen.

Are we havin fun yet. Im really excited about these!!

I am still calling this knife a Midway. Its midway between a suji a petty and a Gyuto Its all mixed up. LMAO!!

God Bless YA
    Randy

Inspired by God, Forged by Fire, Tempered by Water, Grounded by Earth, Guided by the spirit.. Randy Haas

Availible Knives

The Midway. Take 1

Input welcomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	midway proto.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	16.6 KB 
ID:	21675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	midway proto 1.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	21.1 KB 
ID:	21674  

Availible Knives

That looks great Randy! That would make a really handy line knife/ travel knife
    Huw
    In order to make delicious food, you must eat delicious food. Jiro Ono

I must say the your nakiri's in the past have looked amazing.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

Chuck. I love making Nakiri's. I think part of the reason is it allows for a large canvas to showcase the damascus steel!! Also its a fun challenge to grind them so UBER thin!!

Von. Thanks . What if anything would you change on the profile? I was thinking I can bring the heel height down quite a bit and no effect knuckle clearance.. Forgot to post specs.

13” OAL
    202mm blade tip to heel.
    45mm at the heel height
    2.4mm thick at the heel with taper to about .32mm about 1 cm behind the tip. very nice distal taper.
    Edge as ground. to .007" or about .18mm thick. which is THIN!! Very close to a zero grind. Heck its sharper now, without having even adding the actual edge bevels then some kitchen knives I have seen people try to use to cut food with over the years! lol

> OK so what do ya think of the profile and stuff?

Availible Knives

This one looks really nice, Randy!
    09/06

Take a look around at: www.sharpandshinyshop.com

Email me at: tmclean@sharpandshinyshop.com