• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS Carter 180mm KU Funayuki w MHenry handle

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vinster

Reaction score
I bought this knife from Huw in this thread: http://www.kitchenknifeforums.com/s...uki-w-MHenry-handle?highlight=carter+funayuki

I used i a couple times, but I just dont use it much, so I'm passing it on. It's in the same condition in which I got it.

Couple of notes. The handle/spacer/ferrule transition isn't flush, probably due to wood movement. Shouldnt be hard to clean up with some sandpaper, but I haven't gotten around to it. Also, I don't know the correct term for it, but the edge at the heel is slightly under-ground relative to the blade. Nothing that a few minutes on a stone wouldn't fix, but again, I haven't gotten around to it.

Price is $275 shipped in CONUS.

I be happy to refinish the handle for the buyer if interested. Damn shrinkage!

I be happy to refinish the handle for the buyer if interested. Damn shrinkage!

Awesome! Thanks for the offer Mike.

It's actually the spacer material that shrunk (or the wood swelled up). I don't know if the spacer is horn or something else. Odd though, since I'm in CA and it's almost never humid here.

40mm right at the heel. About 39mm 1cm forward of the heel.

There's a lot more stuff I need to move to keep my jnat habit going, so hopefully I'll have better luck tempting you guys with my later sales. :D

Sorry for reviving an old thread -- but the deal fell through and this knife is for sale again. Any interest?

Price is $225 shipped for a Carter with an MHenry custom handle.

Withdrawn. I'm holding it for a friend locally. Sorry guys!

this would have worked out perfect for me bill as a line knife or something of the sort as it is what I am looking for and Carter oh well

Back