Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Thread: FS:Honyaki Yanagi

  1. #1

    FS:Honyaki Yanagi

    300 mm no name honyaki yanagi for sale. Got it from Japan, no information of the steel it feels like white 2.
    The actual cutting edge is 293mm, the handle is Rosewood octagon .
    I have polished the blade, but it can definitely be refined with more work.
    The hamon looks nice, the knife performs great in home kitchen.
    The ura side has patina, the back side bevel is not very even but that does not affect cutting ability. The blade is very nice and thin, IMO thin yanagis are super sexy lookers, and this one does not disappoint.








    Price $400 shipped in US with insurance and tracking, buyer adds 3% paypal fees. International buyers pay actual shipping.

  2. #2
    I have a soft spot for a single bevel yanagi :-) but used my ammo to get another yanagi recently.
    It looks to have a nice profile and indeed it looks to be quite thin.
    Looking at how slender (height) and thin it is, it may rather be a fuguhiki than a yanagi, no?
    Photo's can be deceiving sometimes though.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by orange View Post
    I have a soft spot for a single bevel yanagi :-) but used my ammo to get another yanagi recently.
    It looks to have a nice profile and indeed it looks to be quite thin.
    Looking at how slender (height) and thin it is, it may rather be a fuguhiki than a yanagi, no?
    Photo's can be deceiving sometimes though.
    Honyaki yanagis are thinner due the the construction, I got it as yanagi so I go with that classification.

  4. #4
    Bump and one time rice reduction $370 shipped in US, buyer pays 3% paypal fees, International buyers pay actual shipping

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,199
    hmmm I wonder if anyone can identify this piece intriguing indeed

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    hmmm I wonder if anyone can identify this piece intriguing indeed
    not many makers for those knives that one can choose from. More importantly it works fine.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Jackson, MI.
    Posts
    1,522
    Tried to PM you but your box is full

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,199
    Tour goimy to get it Mike?

    Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by CoqaVin View Post
    Tour goimy to get it Mike?

    Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk
    Still available

  10. #10

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •