• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS:Honyaki Yanagi

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mainaman

Founding Member
Reaction score
300 mm no name honyaki yanagi for sale. Got it from Japan, no information of the steel it feels like white 2.
The actual cutting edge is 293mm, the handle is Rosewood octagon .
I have polished the blade, but it can definitely be refined with more work.
The hamon looks nice, the knife performs great in home kitchen.
The ura side has patina, the back side bevel is not very even but that does not affect cutting ability. The blade is very nice and thin, IMO thin yanagis are super sexy lookers, and this one does not disappoint.

2ci77vc.jpg

1z2dsld.jpg

32zrin5.jpg

2vm83g1.jpg

29mqia9.jpg

Price $400 shipped in US with insurance and tracking, buyer adds 3% paypal fees. International buyers pay actual shipping.

I have a soft spot for a single bevel yanagi :) but used my ammo to get another yanagi recently.
It looks to have a nice profile and indeed it looks to be quite thin.
Looking at how slender (height) and thin it is, it may rather be a fuguhiki than a yanagi, no?
Photo's can be deceiving sometimes though. :bliss:

I have a soft spot for a single bevel yanagi :) but used my ammo to get another yanagi recently.
It looks to have a nice profile and indeed it looks to be quite thin.
Looking at how slender (height) and thin it is, it may rather be a fuguhiki than a yanagi, no?
Photo's can be deceiving sometimes though. :bliss:
Honyaki yanagis are thinner due the the construction, I got it as yanagi so I go with that classification.

Bump and one time rice reduction $370 shipped in US, buyer pays 3% paypal fees, International buyers pay actual shipping

hmmm I wonder if anyone can identify this piece intriguing indeed

Tour goimy to get it Mike?

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk

Up
can't believe no one is interested in that deal.
Go find one of those for less than 600 if you can

Bump

and Christmas only discount , now $350 shipped in US

unbelievable that this is still here - a 300mm honyaki yanagiba for that price is truly a deal. had i not just picked up a rather special 330 yanagi I'd grab this right quick. looks like a really nice knife - GLWS

Latest posts

Back