Quantcast
20,000 calories a day. can you even eat that much? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20,000 calories a day. can you even eat that much?

I weighed 360 pounds in my best days and I am a scientist, and I say, with authority; "Nonsense!, on several levels." Nobody could survive on 20,000 calories for any amount of time. Why not? Well, the unit you are thinking about actually is kilocalories, and he would eat 20kcal when the recommendations are somewhere between 2100 and 2700kcal per day, more if he really runs like a maniac. And 20,000kcal is just as impossible because there is no way he could metabolize that much during one day unless he is on fire.

Stefan

Quote Originally Posted by JBroida View Post
    try eating 20k worth of calories of those brownies and let me know how it goes :P
    Not just that...but day after day....week after week....month after month.
    Remember: You're a unique individual...just like everybody else.

I google 20,000 calories per day. The only person I could find that does it, is actually the fattest man in the world. He has a 6ft waist.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

It seems unlikely to me. I had to do a week of recording one summer during college and I was around 8500, but I was engaged in some sort of physical activity about 6- 7 hours a day. If I remember correctly about 1500 of those were beer too.

One of my friends eats considerably more than that but still no where near 20000. And he is the most active person I have ever met. (The only time I ever saw him fatigued was after running a marathon then hiking about 2000 vertical with skis on his back)

Quote Originally Posted by convis View Post
    (The only time I ever saw him fatigued was after running a marathon then hiking about 2000 vertical with skis on his back)
    I hear ya. That always wears me out.
    All normal people love meat. If I went to a barbeque and there was no meat, I would say 'Yo Goober! Where's the meat?'.- Homer Simpson

If I worked at Cinnebon maybe…

k.
    "In Japan they don't call it Japanese food, they just call it food." -- Children's Hospital Quote

10lbs of foie a day will do it.
    "God sends meat and the devil sends cooks." - Thomas Deloney

I'm glad to see someone else eats 37 big macs a day in order to get to their 20,000 calories....

-Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by scott6452 View Post
    When you think that Michael Phelps during heavy training was consuming 12000 calories a day, to have two thirds more than that seems incredible.

I would absolutely (just for 1 day) love to give it a try though!
    Deep fried Pizza supper ,bottle of Irn Bru and Tablet for dessert-got to be pretty close.

This dude must be inches away from cardiac arrest.

But seriously, what he's been telling you is either a pun or someone caught in a spiral of lies in where he's started to believe his own lies.